Hold On

That night I watched the video again.  

I didn't look like myself. I was skinnier. My eyes were just slightly sunken in. It was all noticeable. 

I spoke slower and I couldn't crack a joke on the spot. I was so unnatural. 

I scrolled down again. Knowing nothing good would come of it, I began to read more of the comments. 

"He looks funny lol"

"did he just stop eating?"

"hey, leave the man alone. he's just skinnier okay?"

"LINK ARE YOU OKAY BABY?" 

They were all talking about my weight now. They all noticed how awful I looked and they knew something was up.

I sighed, rolling over in bed. I continued on.

"ugly"

"Rhett was just fine without this traitor."

"I missed you so much Link. So glad you're back!'

"I love you Link!"

"My theory is that Link lost weight because of a secret eating disorder. Maybe that's what he was dealing with when he had to take a break."

I felt chills run up my spine.

This one was right. I had lost weight because of an eating disorder. But there were scars from the matches too. They were fading nicely now, but they were there.

I still had urges. This even made me want to get in there and light the night away, but I instead laid down the phone and turned to Rhett, who was sleeping beside me. 

He had a good day. He was so happy that I had come back. It warmed my heart to the moon. He made me feel so fucking special, it blew my mind. He made me want to be better. He always had.

I grinned, starring down at him. He was an angel.

I kissed his lips. He made me feel safe.

He moved ever so slightly, then began to snore again.

I kissed him once more, twice more. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed. 

I was crying. I didn't know why, I just was.

I cradled my head on his shoulder and wrapped my legs around his.

He was awake by now, feeling my body get as close as it could.

He didn't ask questions, just held on.

He always held on.

I listened to his breathing. It was music to my ears.

I slowly shut my eyes and forgot about everything. The show, the matches, my flaws.

I just focused on Rhett. 

And I slept soundly.

-----

SO close to the end!

Hope you guys are ready for this lol 

I love you all and thank you so much for reading!

Thanks for being your mythical best!

-Robin