Shower

I couldn't sleep.

I kept going to the bathroom, picking up the lighter, and wanting to feel the subtle pain again and again. But I knew better.

I couldn't do it. I wouldn't let myself fail again. It hurt more than I thought it would.

It hit 3 am and I decided I needed to get out.

I got in my car and I drove. I drove to Rhett's house.

I knew he'd be asleep, but I went out on a limb. I needed him in this moment. 

He answered the door wearing nothing but his boxers and a tired face.

"Link," he started, reaching his hand out, "What are you doing?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

His house looked just like it had before, only now, the walls were lined with a few extra photos of him and I, and the coffee table was covered in mail.

He was still holding my hand.

"Can I stay over tonight?" I asked, not really sure what to say. 

He looked at the clock hanging on the wall, "It's 3:30 am," he yawned, "Is everything okay?"

I thought about last night and how I lost myself.

I shrugged, "No. It's not. I did it again, Rhett."

He was quiet as he squeezed my hand tighter. He was awake now, fully aware of why I was here.

He pulled me into him, hugging me tight. He kissed my forehead sweetly, sending chills down my spine.

We weren't a thing anymore. We acted like it, but we weren't. It made me wonder how Rhett saw me. What was I to him?

"It's okay. It's fine," he didn't know how to respond.

"I really tried...I just couldn't handle it this time. It felt like I was going crazy."

He shushed me, "Hey, you went a week without it, right?"

I nodded.

"That's progress."

I grinned, "Thank you."

He let go of me then, and poked me in the stomach, "Let me see em'."

That took me back, "Huh?"

"Let me see them."

"The..."

He nodded.

"But..."

"Please?"

I sighed and pulled my shirt up. There they were, the new members of my unwanted family.

Four small marks, covering the top of my muted'v' line.

He ran a finger over them, slowly, making my stomach turn.

It was enough for him to see my flaws, but to sit there and caress them as if they were beautiful was awful. I felt like the butt of a joke.

But he wasn't making fun of me, or judging me in anyway, and I knew that.

He got down on his knees then, putting us into a very compromising position.

"What are you-"

He gently placed kisses to each of them. Four light kisses upon my skin.

Goosebumps rode my body in violent waves.

I watched him. He looked up at me.

Both of us could feel the mountain growing in my pants. 

"Have I always had that effect on you, Link?" he winked up at me.

I blushed, "For the longest time now."

There was a moment of silence and then consent.

He slowly unbuttoned my pants.

I got nervous but I wanted to feel him so badly. 

He pulled off my clothes slowly, teasing me along the way. I felt like I might explode.

And then he went for it.

I couldn't help but moan, giving myself to him. 

He took my breath away.

Minutes flew by and I was on the edge of bursting when he pulled away.

"Link, I want you."

Those words coming out of his mouth drove me crazy.

Next thing I knew, we were in his bed, making sweet love.

It had been months since I felt Rhett's body intertwined with mine in such a way that it took us to another planet.

Our space.

He gave me every inch of his body and I gave him mine. Flawed and all.

He didn't care.

He moaned my name louder than he ever had and let go.

This was the best I had felt in months.

I let go.

We came back down to Earth. We opened our eyes. We smiled at each other like idiots.

I was happy.

He stood, taking my hand for the second time tonight.

"I think we could both use a shower."

I laughed harder than I should have, but that was okay.

A laugh or two never hurt nobody.

---

I'm not even sure what I just wrote lol

I'm a mess. Vote for this chapter if you are too!

Thanks for reading! You're amazing!

Sorry it's been taking a lot longer to update. I'm writing all the time, but I'm never happy with what I get and then I start over three or four times before I finally get something out. It's awful.

But thank you all for sticking with me!

And thank you for being your mythical best!

-Robin