Lost

I never thought about Rhett finding another person. After we broke up, it's like I forgot that he could move on and find other people. So when I saw Rhett kissing that girl, it brought me to my weakest point. 

It reminded me that Rhett didn't want me. He didn't miss my kiss or my touch as much as I missed his. He had found someone new.

For the night at least.

The matches had hurt but they never hurt too much.

They just made me numb. 

Watching the small ember light up my skin made me forget about Rhett's beautiful eyes starring at someone other than myself. The burn would obliterate the thought of him touching skin that wasn't mine. The smoke reminded me of nothing but my own misery. 

I was at peace.

The next few nights, I continued to light the matches and play tic-tac-toe with my skin. I moved on to my other thigh, giving it the attention it needed.

It was cold, bare. Ready to be destroyed by the flames that I so calmingly created.

I didn't tell anyone of what I was doing. Partially because I hadn't fully understood it myself.

I just did what made me feel and forget all at once.

I would find myself thinking about the matches throughout the day. Craving them like I craved Rhett. 

I thought about them while filming each day, as if sitting next to Rhett, pretending to be okay was unbearable. 

At home, I became someone I barely recognized. At work, the mirror reflected a man who had fallen apart. 

I was lost.

And it was just the beginning.

------------

Thank you all for reading! Tell me your thoughts down below!

Thanks for being your mythical best!

-Robin