Drinks with Devin

Dingos was a bar open 24/7. It was't the best bar by far, but it was somewhere you could get drunk and forget about all your problems.

It was stationed about two blocks from my house, which was convenient because it meant I didn't have to bring along a designated driver.

The building was old and broken down, full of rodents and many bugs, but as long as I never found a rat in my drink, I was fine.

The floor was open up for dancing and small tables lined the walls. A stage at the front starred a woman who thought she knew how to sing, and on the other side of the room stood the bar, where the fat bartender gave out drinks willy nilly.

He was usually a little tipsy, which meant I never really had to pay for anything. He always forgot.

When I got to the bar, I immediately grabbed a drink and went on a search for Devin.

The place was packed, like always. I slid through the crowd of sweaty people, trying my hardest not to spill my drink. Everyone was drunk and dancing to the horrible singer on stage.

A few minutes later, I made it to the other side of the room, where Devin was sitting at a table by himself.

He was wearing a pair of dark wash jeans and a blue v-neck. His blonde hair was covered by the fedora on his head. He looked a little ridiculous, but I sat anyway.

He looked up from his beer with a smile, "Link!"

I nodded, "Hey."

He reached out and touched my shoulder, "I'm so glad you came. I was getting a bit bored down here by myself."

I nodded again, not sure what to say, "Yeah."

He watched as I slurped down my drink, "Whoa, you sure know how to get one down, huh?"

I shrugged, "I guess."

He laughed, "I'm still working on my fourth one, and I've been here for half an hour."

I tried to laugh, "Well, I might not drink too much tonight. I have to work tomorrow."

He shrugged, "Oh forget that place. It's not worth it."

I raised my brow, "What?"

He looked at me, as seriously as he could, "I'm quiting soon. That place has run a hole in me. I'd be gone already if it weren't for you."

I glanced around he room, trying to keep from making eye contact, "What do you mean?"

"Oh, Link. You know you're my friend, but ever since I met you, I can't stop thinking about how perfect we would be for each other."

I choked on my drink, "Excuse me?"

He smiled, "I know you're gay Link."

I just stared at him, unsure of what to say.

"And you should know that I've been fantasizing about your tight little ass since you walked into that store." 

My body went tense. I suddenly felt afraid. Devin was so drunk and so honest. He was fearless.

He took a sip of his beer and stood, "Hey, you wanna dance?"

I looked at him wide eyed. "No, no thank you. I don't really - "

"Oh come on! It'll be fun!" he was yelling over the band that was now on stage. They sounded better than the last but it still made me want to rip my dying ears off and hold a funeral for them.

"No, Devin, I'm fine, really," I sighed.

But he wouldn't take no for an answer. He started dancing, shaking his butt in every direction he could. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out on the floor.

My cheeks were burning now, flushed red. 

I stood there awkwardly next to him, while he danced his heart out.

I felt out of my place and so uncomfortable. Devin made me so uncomfortable. 

I wanted to go back to the table, but he grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me close to him.

The hair of the back of my neck stood up and I wanted to run. 

He began to dance on me, rubbing his pelvis against mine. He moaned.

I suddenly felt violated and I pulled away, "Hey!"

The look in his eyes was scary enough to make me stay but I knew better. I started towards the exit, but he grabbed my hand again, "Don't go Link. I'm sorry. I thought you'd like it."

"Just let me go!" I yelled. He looked hurt but I didn't care.

He let go and I was out the door. I ran home, feeling as if someone was following me. 

When I stepped inside the house, I locked the door and made sure all the windows were shut and locked.

I then changed back into my sleep clothes and looked at my phone.

I took a deep breathe and dialed Rhett's number.

--------

This was not my best work. I know. I'm sorry.