Chapter 19

Hannah's POV

I wake up the next morning to Jonah walking in with coffee. After he places them on the side table I throw a pillow at him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why the hostility?" "Why are you so perfect?" He leans down and kisses me and then there's a knock at my door. "It's probably my parents. Don't mention you stayed the night and we should be good." I say seeing him panic momentarily. I throw shorts and a t-shirt on, then open the hotel door.

"Morning sunshine." My dad says rustling my already messy hair. "Oh, hi Jonah." My mom says after seeing him when they walk in. "Morning. Um...I just got here myself." He said getting off my bed. "Jonah, calm down. Mattie told us she saw you leave last night." I look back at Mattie and she winks at me. 'Thank you' I mouth back at her. I walk back to my bed and grab the coffee Jonah got me.

"So why are y'all here so early?" I say looking at my phone and seeing the time, '7:15' "Hotel offers free breakfast, so William forced us out of bed." Carson says sitting at the foot of the bed. "Want to join us?" dad said. "Thanks but I have to brief the guys on today's itinerary." "Oh come on Hannah. You have time to grab a bagel." "I guess the guys can meet us down there." I say looking at Jonah who's nodding.

"Let me get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs." "Let's go Jonah." My dad says grabbing Jonah's shoulders again. Mattie stays while I grab my suitcase. "Thanks for covering for me last night." I say buttoning my ripped jeans. "No problem. All I ask in return is that you make Zachary Dean Herron fall in love with me." "You know Mattie, if I could, I really would." "That's a pretty necklace" she says walking up to me and holding the gold 'J' in between her fingers.

"Thanks, Jonah gave it to me last night." "Are y'all going to start telling people? Cause the pictures of you two are all over twitter and Instagram." "They are?" I grab my phone and log into twitter. I see the hashtag 'Jonah's mystery girl' and accompanying pictures of us kissing at the party last night. "Oh no." Then I see something I didn't want to see. My notifications were blowing up with people asking if it's me.

"Damn it!" I say throwing my phone down. "Mattie, I need you to pinch me." "Why?" "Last time this happened it turned out to be a dream. So, I need to know if I'm awake or not." She walks over and gives my arm a good pinch, which felt very real. "Ow! That means, this is happening." Mattie and I walk downstairs and see all the boys getting plates of food and talking to my family.

"Jonah, we need to talk." I say walking up to him in line. "What's going on?" he says following me. "People know." "Know what?" "That it was me you were kissing last night." "What? How?" I show him Twitter and he runs his fingers through his hair. "I'm so sorry Hannah." "Don't be. It's not your fault. Look we just won't say anything until we can sit down and talk about what we're going to do."

He nods, and we go back to join the group. "Everything ok?" Daniel says when we join them at the table. "Yeah, just fine. Let's discuss today's junket." I walk them through the all the questions I was sent yesterday. "Jonah, I am 100% sure they will ask you about me or your girlfriend. Act aloof and don't give them anything." He nods and then we all walk to the vans. Once we get to the venue, I hand my family their passes and show them where they go in with the other fans.

I walk with the boys to the green room then I walk them backstage and wait for the first moderator. The interview is going smoothly and then we get to the Twitter questions. They started easy enough and focused on the other boys, it felt like they were saving all the juicy questions for Jonah. "So Jonah, how was last night?" "Last night was really fun. It was our manager's birthday, so we had a little party." He then puts up the picture taken of last night.

You can't see my face which was our only saving grace. "Looks like you had a lot more fun than you let on." He instantly starts blushing and then he fondles the 'H' between his fingers. "So, the question we have for you is. Who is this?" "That's...uh...my girlfriend." "We can tell. Who is she?" "She's just an amazing girl who makes me really happy?" "We're not going to get much out of you, are we?" "Afraid not." He looks over at me and I wink at him.

After the interview they meet me back in the green room. "Great job guys! Now we don't have much time before sound check, so I have food waiting for us at the venue." "Best manager ever!" Corbyn exclaims grabbing his book sack and getting in the van. I take Jonah's hand and we walk to the van together.

Later, I'm in hair and makeup with my family and Sydney before the show. Just as my hair is finished being curled, Jonah walks in. "Hey baby. You ready for tonight?" "Yeah, I can't believe it's my last show. Just as I was getting used to it." "About that." David says from the doorway. "So it turns out we can't find an opening act that is as likable as you." "What are you saying?" "I hired you an assistant, so you can be both the boys' manager and their opening act." "I guess there's no way to say no right?" "Not really. I have no back up plan." "Then I guess I accept."

Jonah kisses my cheek and sits in the makeup chair that I'm facing. "Where's your necklace?" "I just didn't think I should wear it for shows. You know they can zoom in and make assumptions." "Oh, I guess that makes sense." He walks out the room a little upset and I stare at my bare neck in the mirror.

"Mattie?" "Yeah?" "Can you get my necklace out my purse?" "You really want to wear it tonight?" Sydney asks as Mattie grabs the necklace. "Yeah. Jonah means more to me than the scrutiny. I clasp the chain around my neck and walk backstage to get my mic. "Good luck out there. Hey, you're wearing the necklace." "I am."

"I didn't guilt you into it, did I?" "Of course not. You just made me realize that you mean way more to me that any mean comment or rude stare. I love you." "I love you too." I kiss him and then it's time to take the stage. While I'm the middle of a song, in the crowd a see a sign that reads '#Joannah is real' and I can't stop myself from smiling. Then I find my family and Sydney in the crowd and sing to them.

Soon, I'm offstage watching the boys perform and then my phone starts blowing up from notifications on Twitter. I open the app and see pictures of my performance and see a bunch of close-up pictures of my necklace and there was even a tweet with that picture and one of Jonah's 'H' necklace. Looks like the truth was out.

That night, in bed, Jonah and I were looking through the tweets together. "You know what the weirdest thing about all this is?" I said putting my phone down and turning to him. "What?" he says doing the same thing. "I'm nowhere near as scared as I thought I would be." He smiles and takes my hand in his. "I'm so in love with you it's crazy. Now the world gets to know." I pull him into a kiss and pick up my phone. "All the tweets seem really positive so far." Suddenly I see a picture of the poster from earlier and I press retweet.