Take Action

Mary's P.O.V

In Scotland......

I slammed my fists on the brown, rectangular table, causing my privy council to jump from surprise. "I cannot allow them to drain us of our sources, while holding my daughter hostage!" The Lords around the table look to each other for another possible solutions. "And if one of you persist on me returning to English land to repent, I will have your heads." They all took a large gulp, unsure of what to say next. France stood with England because of Arthur's sister, Elizabeth and because of their loyalty to Queen Anne.

Everything was silent until from the corner of the room my half brother, James, stepped forward. "Sister, have you thought about the ultimate change? Maybe it's time that England have a change in rule. The tudors have made a mockery of the all the Catholics of Europe. You have the backing of rome, with the assitance of the Pope and his armies you can take the throne of England for yourself." The Lords started in an uproar. "Treason." "Betrayal." "Foolish." "Impossible." "Sucidal."

I hushed them all as I fell back into my large chair at the head of the table. "The English people will never accept me as Queen over an English heir." James chuckled at my foolishness. "You have a very high claim to the English throne as the senior descendant of Henry VIII's elder sister." I agreed with his facts. In truth, my marriage to Arthur was to prevent me from laying claim to the English throne. I never thought I would need to, but here we are. Six months after the birth of my daughter, and I still hadn't stepped foot on English soil since they kidnapped her from my ship on the way here.

With King Henry disposed, I have no doubt it was Anne's orders to seperate me from my only child. She was a wicked women and if England stayed under her rule, I have no doubt they'll end up rotting in the flames of hell. "Queen Anne commands armies in England. With France and Germany at her beck and call, that makes about 5-8 thousand men. We'll have to build our armies, gain the backing of all the rest of the Catholics nations and Rome. THis all needs to be done in secret." My brother nodded, grinning.

It was time that I took charge. If I died, i'd be sure to take the entire Tudor dynasty down with me. "What about Princess Lily. If you intend to get the backing of the rest of the royal Catholic houses, they'll demand you remarry after the death of Prince Arthur. I doubt they'll expect a child from this marriage to survive." I turned to Lord Eorick. "What are you sugguesting, M'lord? That I kill my own daughter?" He said nothing. James put his hand on my shoulder. "She isn't yours anymore. It's been six months since you last saw her. It'll be another year or two, at the least, before you see her again. By that time she'll know you as the women trying to end her family. We can't take the risk of leaving her alive. ALL the tudor heirs will die."

I glance between all the men, who were agreeing with my brother. "Fine, but I want to ensure this job is done completely." He questions what I mean. "If all the tudor children must die. Then Arthur's bastard will die as well." James nodding without heistation. "I'll do it myself if I must." Then it was settled - we are to war with England.