Days In Counting

Aiyana POV

     Day six in this hell palace. Court was no place for a princess of Bella's age so they sent her back to her province. King Henry was in Germany meting with the Duke, so Queen Anne was in charge. As a result I am locked away for 'my safety' according to the servants she sent to 'protect and serve' me. In other words she has me locked away to keep me away from the prince and sent her own personally trained servants to watch me. Instead of being treated as a royal guest I am a prisoner. I attempted to write my father, but was told my letter were unobtainable, because my father traveled by boat currently. 

     If he knew how I was being held against my own will, he'd destroy this entire kingdom. My warrior that he left here in my company to train these weak Englishmen, probably have been told lie to keep them from thinking I was in so some of trouble. When I get out here i'll show Queen Anne who she's playing with. If she thought she could lock me away without consequence then she thought wrong. The Prince will get word of this and he will show his mother his full wrath. She cannot lock me in here. "Let me out of these damn chambers!" I shout pushing past the swarm of ladies tending to m. "M'lady the Queen has ordered for you to stay put." A maid pleads. "Who are you? Who do you think you are you ordering me around!" I shout back. "M'lady-" "Princess! I am a Princess in this Kingdom. No one can look me in the eyes without my permission, let alone order me around! How dare you even think to question my orders!" I continue to rant. 

      The women trip over each other, trying to escape my wrath. I lift my chin high as I pass the opening to my chambers. "Damn servants always getting involved in things that don't concern them," I muffed and swiftly turned to walk down the halls of the palace. As I  passed the men and women appeared unsure of what to do when they saw me pass. Some made simple bows other stared. "Where is your Queen?" I question one of the guards. He stood silent, without moving. "What do you not speak?!" I urged. "Actually, they don't. Not to anyone that isn't their Queen or King, anyway." A voice from behind me spoke. I faced the mystery person, only to see Prince Arthur. "Your Grace, I wished to speak to your mother about locking in my room this passed week. If I cannot scream at the Queen then you being the Prince can do so. " I pursued. 

      "Pardon? You want to scream at my mother- impossible. She is the Queen. No one dares to speak in her presence without her permission, let alone raise their voice. Not unless they hold my father's title, and even then my Father fears enraging her at times." He denied my request. "You are the Prince. You word is second to only the King-true?" I asked. "False. My mother's power is greater than mine, until I become King. I am the second important person in the entire kingdom-true. But I a third in ranking of royal power." He corrected my assumption. I shook my head, "This is a strange place. I have never heard of a Prince's power being less than any woman's, not even his mother's." I spoke. 

        Now what was I suppose to do. I couldn't speak out of term in Queen Anne's presence without expecting trouble, not without someone more powerful on my side. She held all the power while the King was gone and I was stuck following her orders. "Oh and my mother has had gowns made for you, proper attire for a lady of your station. Can't have you walking around dress like a man, can we?" Arthur laughed. I raised my eyebrows as he guided me away from the guard. "Don't worry you'll learn to get use to our English traditions." Pshh, when pigs fly will be the day that I adapt to these abnormal ways of living. 

(A/N: Thanks for reading. Leave some comments if you like. Go check out my new Switched At Birth story.)