How To Hate A Child

Anne stared at the the bundle in her hands. The child she tried so much to kill the past eight months. It was a sign of the horrible rape of by her husband. To make it even worse, it was a girl- just want Henry wanted. This little girl would grow up to be sent away to her possible death in Spain. "Surely I can grow to love the child?" Anne questioned Lady Macbeth, the midwife. The older woman stayed silent as she did not know how to answer.
           Was it possible to hate a child? Even one born of sin, should make a mother's love grow. The babe was innocent, yet Anne felt nothing but hatred when she looked at her newborn daughter. Her only child with her as of now. Princess Elizabeth was now in France,where she would remain indefinitely. Anne's son was now the Child King of Scotland and spent most of days across the border learning of his new lands and culture. He children, as young as they were, still had separate lives far away from their parents- As most royal children inhabited.
             " She looks just like the King. I don't need a drop of Boleyn in her. She evens has his eyes. She will favor her father over myself in everyway," Anne cried. Her ladies stood and watched as their Queen sopped, unsure how to help. Most were not married, and those who were had no experience birthing of sexual assault. Jane Boleyn, wife of Anne's brother, stepped forward. "She is a beautiful child Anne and healthy in everyway. The birth left you with little to no pain. God smiled upon her. It's a sign that out of Henry's sin came a holy miracle. Please accept her as your child, not as your punishment," Jane pleaded.
           Anne glanced at Jane and nodded. She was right if God did not smile upon her daughter her arrival wouldn't have been as simple as it was. " Send for for the King, tell him we have a daughter of his image and she will make the perfect bride for whoever needs her," Anne cheered.
           Anne decided in that moment the child she learned to hate the past year would be her mission in life. She would have the conceivement but not the results. She will keep the child at arm's length to ensure an attachment is not created and when the time comes, the little girl will make another bride for some Spanish royal.
       Anne looked down at her daughter. " I will love you from a distance, for you belong to him. When the time comes you will leave without complications and I shall rejoice in a victory."