Breaking Bread

"A toast to our enemies turned friends. May our new friendship last into our children's future." King Henry cheered as he rose his glass to his mouth. The rest of the court followed in the King's guidance. The trumpets sounded and the Scottish royal family walked into the feast. 

     The Queen Regent of England held the hand of the young Queen Mary of Scots. The little Queen was becoming more beautiful by the day. She no longer had her chubby baby fat, she grew taller, her once dark hair reached it's complete auburn coloring. She was filled with the grace and poise of a ruler twice her age. Prince Arthur became weak in the knees awaiting for her to approach. Although he saw his betrothed very often, she always made him nervous. 

     Queen Mary's smile widen as Arthur held out his hand from the dais to her. With her mother's permission she allowed the Prince to guide her to the seat next to him. On the other side sat Aiyana who appeared annoyed that Arthur's attention has shifted away from her. King Henry called out for his courtiers to continue about their normal conversations as the three royal families spoke. Princess Aiyana coughed to get Prince Arthur attention who laughed along with his future wife. "Oh, Mary this is Aiyana. She is the daughter of the Chief who my father has decided to make peace with. Aiyana this is Queen Mary of Scotland, my future wife." The young prince confidently presented. 

      Mary examined the young female warrior Princess. "If your father is a Chief that makes you a..." Mary questioned confused my the strange girl's noble status. "Well as Prince Arthur continues to call me-a princess, my lady," AIyana sneered. Mary rolled her eyes, "Actually Onyoncha, your are required to refer to me as your grace or your majesty. I am a Queen. No matter my age. I am a Queen." Mary corrected. "You are not my Queen. I will address you as I feel, my lady. And my name is-" Aiyana was cut off by Arthur hushing them before their parents heard them. 

      "Arthur I wish to take a walk in the garden, will you escort me?" Aiyana asked to infuriate the little Queen. Mary gasped his hand. "Actually, Arthur my mother ordered your horse to be brought from our royal stables so we could go riding after the feast. Or now if you are finished," Mary intruded. Arthur was troubled. This was his first experience with girls fighting over his attention. He wanted to go riding, but it would be improper to leave Aiyana alone without the company of an English royal as they were hosting her people. "Aiyana maybe my sister, Princess Victoria, could walk you." Arthur insisted. Mary smirked as she began to rise from her seat prepared to pull her fiance away from his obviously newest fancy. 

      Aiyana said nothing as Prince Arthur and Queen Mary snuck away from the royal festivities.  She glanced over to the King and Queen and her father as they spoke. She was alone in this strange place and her father seemed not to care about her feelings against this alliance.