No Respect for Royalty

Anne ran through the gardens of Windsor Castle chasing Princess Mary Tudor. Since Anne now held the same ranking as Mary they Anne was able to play without worry of displeasing Mary. They shared their lessons, expect for languages and history. Though the twelve year old was under the guardianship of Lady Margaret, Anne's family made sure she war taught under the teachings of Lutheranism. Anne's family made it no secret that thy were reformers and hated the ideals of the Catholic church. 

Thomas Boleyn wanted his daughter to remember who she was, even if she was in another household. Margaret forbade Anne from speaking of her lessons to anyone, royalties especially. "Princess Anne your mother and father request an audience with you," Her governess called out. Anne thanked the lady and left Mary with her to meet her parents. 

Anne went into the room and greeted her parents. "Your highness, we wish for you to come home for your brother's engagement party. He has officially become engaged to Lady Carol Foster and he wishes for you to attend, as well as the entire Boleyn family, " Her father asked. Anne shook her head "no", to the surprise of her family. "I am not allowed Windsor Castle until, Lady Margaret returns from France. The entire royal family is to welcome her during her arrival and it would be disrespectful for me not to be there," Anne decided. Her mother's facial expression said it all. 

"With all due respect, your highness. You are our daughter, not hers. Your brother wishes for you to come home. You have just returned from the Netherlands after a year and 1/2. I as your mother, am demanding you come home today. You might be betrothed to a prince, but until you are titled as Duchess of York , you will take directions from us," Lady Boleyn ordered her daughter who looked dismayed. 

In the last two years no one dared to speak to Anne in such a tone. After her 11th birthday Margaret sent her to France to learn their culture and Anne fell in love. After France, she was sent to the Netherlands to continue her studies. In each nation she was addressed as a royal. She ate with the royal families, ran the court along side the royal children of each court and shared the studies of the princesses of each country. 

Anne was astounded at her mother's behavior. "How dare you address me in such a manner madame. You are my lady mother and that is all. Your tongue shall cease to be of any use until you leave my presence. My lord Father will escort you out along with himself. Thank you for the visit, have a nice journey back to Hever. And dear father give George my congrats," Anne demanded as she dismissed them. 

Her father was smiling proudly at his daughter as she walked away. She was becoming a Queen in the making. "Why did you allow the girl to speak to me in such a disrespectful manner," Elizabeth Boleyn questioned her husband. Thomas sighed,"She knows you favor her sister over her. She is not obligated to return to Hever if she does not see it fit. She is a princess now, the next to you are so quick with your tongue don't do it in front of her, or any royals fro that matter. If you can;t show proper respect for those above you, you will find yourself trapped at Hever fro the remainder of your days.