Battlefield

Queen Mary's POV

I strolled through the palace courtyard, after the official departure of Aiyana. I awaited the arrival of Prince Arthur to converse about our next plans to secure our place as England's and Scotland's next rulers. In my mother's mind, the plan was simple; have a child. Although, it sounded simple enough, I wanted more. Now that I had Arthur's full attention, I wanted to put my foot down on what I expected from him as a husband. I might be responsible for having a child, but in return I expected him to at least give our relationship a chance. I won't have him taking mistress after mistress, leaving me alone. "Make way for the Prince of Wales. Make way." The herald chanted out as Arthur approached the entrance to the gardens. Ladies and courtiers who were also around stepped to the side and bowed as he made his way over.

He curtseyed once he reached my area and he bowed in return. "My wife, how are you?" Arthur inquired, kissing my hand. "I thought we might discuss some things now that your previous mistress is gone." I replied taking his hand as we began to walk together. "Discuss what subjects?" He encouraged me to continue. "I thought that you might return to my bed, but only after we have come to an agreement." I explained. "Pardon me. Are you attempting to tell me when I may and may not return to your bed?" He suggested. I simply nodded. "I will not lay with you until we have established an understanding about you liasions. I am a Queen and I will not be humilated. You must be more discreet if you plan to take another mistress." I demanded, turning on my heel to face him.

Prince Arthur expression said it all. "You think you can order me around because you are my wife?"I wanted to argue that I held more power than hisself, but it would be false. "You are a mere woman, who's crown depends on this marriage." He continue to babble. I ignored his ranting until he finally went silent. Taking a large sigh and grabbing the back of his neck, I smashed my lips to his. He did not respond at first, but feel into my embrace. Once I broke away from him, he was in a daze. "I do not wish to share you any longer Arthur. I do not know what took place between us that caused this rift, but I wish for it to end." I snapped as he came off his high. I expected a scolding for my behavior, but found myself being pulled in for another kiss.

Our tongues battled for dominance as he kept me secure in his arms. I melted into his arms and loss all sense of control. When he did separate from me, I was barely able to comprend everything around me. I felt his palm stroking my cheek and then my eyes met his. "I will visit your bed tonight." He whispered, caressing my cheeks. They flushed as he kissed them each before quickly leaving. My hands lifted to my lips and my heart skipped a beat as I thought about our kisses. He was rewarding my boldness. That was the key to him all along. 

I'd been my mother's puppet, instead of the woman Arthur wanted. Obviously, I'd have to change that. I lifted my skirts and made a swift turn to my ladies, who were all sending me small grins. I hushed their giggles, but soon joined in. "Come Lola, I must  be beautiful tonight. Everything must be perfect." I tell my closest confidant. She smirked at me before grabbing my hand as we all took off running thorugh the gardens. I could here mumbles about our strange Scottish behavior from the English women that we passed. "Better than a stiff, english broad." I laugh as we continue we to run through the palace. 

Each courtier taking the time to step aside and bow as we pass. I ran straight into Queen Anne on the way. "Child, what are you in rush to?" She inquired as I giggle amongst my ladies. "Ask your son, your majesty." Lady Lola chattered. Queen Anne's brow shot up in a questioning look and I quickly went on my way. As we ran away I could here Anne laughing at us. It was genuine sound, like she approved. My smile spread wider as I realized things truely were looking up.