The New Victoria

Princess Victoria kicked her feet as she watched from the the pavement bench as the fishes swam inside the fountain pond. She smiled slightly as they changed the pace of their motions, shifting the direction she was facing, she turned to her mother. "Mama the fishes are pretty, are they not?" Anne smiled down to her beloved daughter, "Yes they are my little beauty." Victoria was happy. She has her mother by her always it seemed. She woke up, had breakfast with her, walked with her, and went to bed after her mother tucked her in. If only the King were this nice, all Victoria's wishes wold have come true. "Mama, Is Papa coming. I miss him very much and he's always attending to state matters," Victoria whines. 

Anne pulled her daughter into a hug, but said nothing as she did not wish to make broken promises to the little girl she was starting to build a relationship with. "You are very special to your father. You will be his ticket to earn back the alliance of Spain. He will send you to become the next Holy Roman Empress. And when the time comes you will present your future husband with a child born of English blood and Spanish Blood as your fallen uncle, Prince Arthur failed to do," Anne predicted. The truth was Anne wished and prayed Henry changed his mind , 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne found herself at the doors of her husband's chambers. They hadn't shared the same bedroom since the birth of Victoria, almost five years before. Who knew what concubine lied beyond the walls of her husband corridors. "Tell the king his wife has come to see him," Anne addressed the chamber man awaiting her orders. He nodded and swiftly went to announce her presence. Henry was shocked to hear she was there as they hardly spoke unless for diplomatic reasons. "Send her in," He quickly commanded. 

Anne held her head high as she graced his rooms. She bowed only slightly, befitting a Queen of England. "You wish to speak to me Anne? It must be urgent...Elizabeth or our son has written to you in some kind of trouble? Has something fallen through with one of their engagements?" Henry questioned. Anne laughed at how quick he was to think something was wrong. "Our children are fine Henry, well all but one. You must begin visiting Victoria. She wishes for a few moments of your attention," Anne explained. Henry shooed her with a sigh, "I thought this was an important matter. The girl is but a child- a royal at that. She has everything to occupy her time." Henry argued as he turned back to his documents. 

"Henry, she is your daughter and she wishes for your affection. All I ask is one afternoon- tomorrow. Come say hello, chase her around and make her laugh. Do as you use to with Lizzie before she left to France. You won't regret it," Anne encouraged. He seemed unconvinced. "What must I do to get you to listen to me?" Anne wondered.

Henry smirked, turning his attention back to his wife. "I will com visit my dear Victoria if you will come to my bed tonight,' Henry whispered lowly. He sent shivered down her back as she thought about his conditions. "Why now? You haven't taken me in years and now all of a sudden you wish for me to return to your bedside. This is wrong," She answered. He shrugged, "I will not force you. I thought for moment how nice it would be to have another little one running around the castle as Victoria does." Henry lied. "Victoria never runs around the castle only in the gardens, she is much too regal to do so," Anne corrected. 

Henry could tell she wouldn't bend. He screamed in the back of his head. He'd been so cruel to her over the last few years and she has yet to forgive him. He would never admit it openly, but he regret how he treated he. Every time he attempted to show interest in Anne, she tense up. He take her backing away offensive and lash out. He's too prideful to apologize and Anne too smart to return to him willingly- not that he could blame her. 

"Anne I-..I only mean. I want you to-. I wish for us to- " He failed to compromise. She froze up, "I will not come to your bed, I will not let you manipulate our child's longing for you," Anne snapped. Henry harshfully pushed her toward the exit. "You may take you leave and tell my chamber man to send for Lady Osweld. Anne once again was hurt by his aggesive behavior towards her. Henry rubbed his face and sighed loudly. "Anne..." He chanted out running for the exit before his wife could run away, but saw he was too late. 

Her tears, his words and their fights would start to take a toll on both of them if he did not solve the issue. The once vibrant Boleyn Princess no longer existed. His sharp mouthed wife was caged in a shell of fear becuase of his violent temper. He never intended for his mourning to get so outraged. "I'll go tomorow," He decided aloud.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria cheered as her mother and her ladies chased her down the bricked pathway filled with red roses and blue tulips. She ran as far as her little legs could carry her, never expecting to hit into a man along the way. She heard her mother's ladies come to a quick halt and fall into a curtsey. Anne pulled Victoria backed and down into a shallow dip and awaited for a sign to raise. Henry wasted no time ushering all ladies up. "Papa?" Victoria wondered facing her mother who nodded in answer. Victoria bounced on her toes as she realized her wish came true. "Papa..." Victoria chanted running into Henry's legs, who laughed at his daughter vibrant behavior. 

He could always remember how Anne would swore that Victoria was nothing like her. Truth be told she was right, physically. Appearance wise, Victoria was a Tudor, but she had her mother's traits: Wise beyond her years and a lively personality. "I was told a certain princess missed their father," Henry played as he tossed Victoria over his shoulders. 

They played for a few hours. Anne sat and watched, keeping her distance but still close enough that Victoria could wave to her now and then. Henry wished for Anne to join in, for he knew she enjoyed it when they spent time with their children. He whispered into his daughter's ear and Anne saw as Victoria came over and plead with her to come play. "Papa wishes for us all to play as families should, mama please..." Victoria nearly cried. Anne could not say no to the little girl she grown attached to over the past few months. 

      Henry smiled as Anne walked over with their child. "Come my sweet, you hide your mother will try to find you," Henry asked. Victoria sprinted away to a hiding spot. "You think you can use our child to fetch me ? How dare you! Do not include her in out troubles or your games." Anne shouted lowly. Henry laughed at Anne ignorance. He caped his hands and her cheeks, and kissed her. She tried to pull away, but felt fireworks going off in her head. As much as she wished to fight she had to admit feeling his warmth was a good feeling. 

      When he released her, she was speechless and confused. She slapped him to the shock of both of them. She looked at her hand then back at his face, tears began to form as sh prepared for his backlash only to feel him wipe away her tears instead o slapping her back. She fell to the ground as he cradled her in his arms. 

"Shhh...forget about my anger. My fire as died out my love the nightmare of our marriage is over- I swear. Your Henry has arrived once again and plans to stay this time," Henry swore. Anne cried harder as she hugged him back as she felt her heart melt at his words. The words she waited to hear for so long it seemed. Victoria ran out to find her mother crying," It alright mother. You did not lose me, I am right here. Don't cry," Victoria said embracing her mother from behind. Anne laughed through her tears and Henry joined in. "God, I missed this feeling," Anne admitted holding her little girl back as Henry helped her up, wiping the remainder of her tears away. 

"Well welcome back your paradise my love," Henry replied kissing both their heads.