Returning Home

Arthur's P.O.

God I must be cursed for my wife bore me another female daughter. The girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She was a pretty girl and she'd make a beloved Princess for both England and Scotland. "I wanted a son, but she'll have to do for now." Mary gave me a sour expression. "Will you not be happy that she just came out healthy?" I knew she was right, but with the constant fighting Mary and I have been doing, a female child didn't help her cause. "I am happy, nonetheless. Her name shall be Lily Tudor." Mary small smile vanished completely. "Do I not get a say in her name?" Dusting off my trousers, I rasie from her bedside. "No, you do not. I have settled on the name, and that is my final word."

Mary was ataken back by from firm tone. "As you wish, husband. Her name is Lily Tudor, Princess of England and Scotland." I nod, ignoring her hurt feelings as I exit the borthing chamber.
-------------
Mary's P.O.V

I call over a girl. "Write to my mother. I am returning to Scotland." She nods and goes to finish her duties. I settle back into my bed, holding my daughter. She was a pretty child, but unwanted in this palace. "I'll take you somewhere, you'll get all the attention you deserve my little beauty." Oh, how I wished her name reflected that off her beautiful pale face. She falls alseep in my arms and I hand her off to one of the maids to have her taken to the royal nursey. Then I closed my eyes to get some rest before the long journey that I had ahead of me.
--------------------
Arthur's P.O.V
"Mother, I wish for you to prepare a household and estate for my daughter. I want her to be settled here in England and away from Mary. " My mother eyes me concerned. "The girl is but a day old. Too young to be taken from her mother and to small to be traveling." I roll my eyes. "Tell that to Mary. I am doing this because I believe mary intends to reutrn to Scotland with our daughter." My mother laughs. "The child can go nowhere without your Father's say...or in this case, my say." Mary does not care for what my mother orders, for she is Queen of her own nation. "Mary will do as she pleases mother, she is a Queen in her own right and you have no right to tell her how to care for her own child." Mother raises from her seat. "Was it not you who came to me , asking for my aid. Why to you defend her?"

I shake my head. "I am not defending her. I am only stating the facts. She listens to no one, least of all you." Mother nods. "We'll see about that."