Battlefield Pt.2

Mary throw a book into the wall as she groaned in frustration. Behind her Arthur was screaming at her to stop her antics. "Nothing hasto change between us, Mary. She is m daughter and you are my wife. I have enough room to love you both." Arhtur cried out. Mary rubbed her temples. "You don't understand.  Why can't you understand we wil never be happy with that child around reminding of your past." Arthur spun her around. "That child is not a treat to you, neither is her mother." 

Mary let out a laugh, "Not a threat? Not a threat. I have yet to have a child of my own. And until I do, she is a threat to everything we are trying to build. And as for her harlot of a mother, Aiyana will always be a threat no matter how far she is." Arthur threw his hands up, "What insanity are speaking of now?" Mary smacked her lips, "There will always be apart of you Aiyana will have that I will never be able to touch. She was the one thing that could actually drive a wedge between us. We were so close as child, knowing we were to be married. Once Aiyana came along you forgot about me." 

Arthur wanted to reason with her, but he could not lie to her. Aiyana was special to him. She was the fantasy that became his reality. At one point in his life he thought Mary was the one girl he'd ever picture as his wife. The three of them grew older and he drifted away from Mary as she grew into a beauty Queen. At the time, he didn't want someone who followed protocol, someone so predictable. Aiyana was his freedom within his prison. She gave him a sense of the outside world he'd been kept from. After the idea of becoming Queen reached Aiyana, they bgan to play the game of court. 

Aiyana reached for the crown and loss. Now they'd spend the remainder of thier lives apart. "I'm your second choice. No matter how much I know you love me, I know deep inside you love her more." Mary finished with tears spilling out now. Arthur wanted to comfort her. He could tell her he was delusional, but Mary already knew the truth. "I am here because she isn't." Arthur sat on his bed and sighed, "I still don't understand why my daughter is a threat to you." 

Mary spun on her heels. "If she was born a boy. I'd be back in Scotland, divorced, no heir and alone. In a matter of years I'd lose my crown. That child is what stood between me living or dying. Her being here reminds how close to death I was." Mary explained. Arhut shrugged his shoulders, "She doesn't know that?" Mary glared at him. "Then she ought to." Arthur broke into grin. "Well she doesn't, so until she does do you think you might want try being civil." Mary shook her hand, feeling the tension being cut. She knew her doubts were unreasonable, but she could not help it. Arthur stood from the bed and wrapped his arms around Mary's hips. He pulled her into hug. "We will have children. Bt until we do, maybe you might want to put your motherly insincts to the test." He whispered into her ear then kissing her cheeks. 

Mary smiled at the idea. "She needs a mother. You want a child." He encourages as Mary's head fell back onto his shoulders. She began to nod in agreement. "I will try." She compromised. Arthur pleased spun her completely around and smashed thier lips together. Once again the couple melted into each other.Mary broke them apart a smile spreading across her face, "So where is my brand new child?" Arthur gestured to the exit of the chambers. "After you, my love."