Be Mine

Prince Arthur's POV

Running through the large grass I caught Lady Aiyana by her waist. Her beauty eyes gleamed as laughed into my shoulders. After over a year, I still had not gotten over that amazing smile. It took awhile to get her to really smile after abandoning her father's way of life after his death. She was like another person even after she herself chose to stay behind that day. She chose to stay because of me, which made me feel guilty everyday. I could not give hee what she deserved out of life. 

Queen Mary and I were finally of age to marry without proxies. Our parents already agreed it would be best not to wait any longer. Mary, herself was thrilled. I use to be as excited to marry her at one point in life, but then Aiyana stole my affections. I wished to make her my wife, but I knew that would never happen. Not only because I was already engaged, but because I knew my duty was too my kingdom first. My marriage was not like any other royal marriage. Mine and Mary union would make England and Scotland one joined kingdom. It prevented war from breaking out between the two countries. 

Even so, I was determined to make Aiyana mine. She smiled, looking into my eyes as I stared at her. "What is it Arthur? Why are you looking at me like that?" I took a gulp as I rose from my back. "I want you to become my mistress." She stopped smiling, then followed my lead as she rose from the ground to sit up. "You wish for my to become your mistress?" I faced her, nodding my head. She nodded slowly, taking in my question. She stood from her spot, "Well your grace, my apologies, but I do not intend to become your whore," She stated bluntly. 

I was surprised at her boldness for a moment, but then realized she was walking away from me. "Where are you going?" I ask, running after her her. She stopped walking and turned around, "You think so lowly of me to actually think I'd agree to such a thing?" She accused, ignoring my question. "I asked you to become my mistress because I think highly of you, not because I think lowly of you." She lowed her head, "You have a funny way of showing it. Asking a woman to lay with you before marriage is an insult." 

I lifted her chin, "I cannot marry you, Aiyana." She huffed, "I know this your grace. I have been told the same thing by both your parents, your soon-to-be wife and now you. I do not wish to marry you. I only wish to make you happy." I ran my hand through my head, "Aiyana, you agreeing to become my mistress will make me happy." She scoffed, "I will not become your mistress, no matter how 'happy' it makes you." 

"Well you either want to be with me or you do not." I concluded. "I might not come from the same background, but we still live by similar laws. I will not have bastard children. Do you hear me Arthur?" She raged, grabbing my face, forcing me to look at her. I removed her hands from my face, "That is the best I can offer you." 

"But it is not the best I can be offered," She decreed as she spun back around to walk back to the castle. What did she mean? She could not be thinking about marriage. My father would never agree to marry her off, would he? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I ran into my Father's audience chambers. He was in a meeting with the Duke of Suffolk, who bowed as a approached the room. "Leave my Father and I," I ordered, shocking them both. Apparently, he was not use to taking orders from me because he looked to my Father for approval. "I said leave us, Lord Suffolk," I commanded harder. Charles look to me glaring, then left the room. My Father rose from his seat, "My son you must learn there will be a time for you to order my nobles around. Now isn't that time." I groaned, "Not now father, I come with an urgent matter." He appeared uninterested, but I continued anyway. "You cannot marry Aiyana off." 

That caught his attention. "The girl must get married sooner or later. She is my ward, and therefore I can use her for other royal alliances. You have no say in the matter," He attempted to dismiss me. "I do if I intend to make her my mistress." He laughed at me, "Your mistress, huh? Tell me, did she agree?" 

I remained silent and he nodded. "My boy until she willing lies with you she is up for the taking. If you do not lay with her by your wedding night. I will marry her off," He swore. I could work with that. I took that as my leave and planned out my next move to get her to agree this time. She could not fight me forever. After all, I am the son of the King of England. No one actually had the  right to say "no" to me. Not even the King's ward. She's be mine, whether I had to pin her to a bed to ensure it.