Declaration of War

Arthur's P.O.V

"She has a death wish! Does she actually believe she can end my rule before it even begins?" Lord Worwick has nods. "She has the backing of his Excellency, the Pope and all of his followers." I toss the decree aside as my Mother stroms into my audience chambers. "I warned you not to order the kidnap of her damn child! You drove her to madness!" I shook my head at my mother. "This isn't about Liy. Mary wants control of both our nations. I'll die before, I let that happen." Mother slapped on the back of my head. "You will stay away from this!  Do hear hear me, boy? Let the soldiers end this."

I look at her like she has three heads. "You'll allow my sister to be on the battlefield, however I am not allowed to lead my own men? Mother i'm going into battle, whether you like it or not!" She rushed out of the room with tears in her eyes. In the moment her fears are the least of my concerns. With the backing of France and Germany, I'd win. But with Scotland backed by Spain, Rome and who know's how many more. I was without the numbers and and supplies.

Lord Worjwick stepped up again. "Your highness, if I may, we continue to think of this as war of the battlefield, yet it can be something so much simplier." I lify my brow, encouraging him to finish. "Why kill serveral men who are only following orders win you can simply, kill the one giving them the orders." I looked at him bewildered. "You wish for me to kill the Pope?!" Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Not only was the Pope heavily guarded and was a holy man. To kill him was to ask to burn in the flames of hell after death. He shook his head fast, making a cross with his hands. "Someone even more simplier."
----------------------------------
3 months later.....

Mary's P.O.V

I ran out of the woods, trailed by the English guards. I was only on a hunting progress, taking a break from my war plans, only to be attacked by a troop of English guards. I lept from my horse to drink from the river, only to feel as a arrow wisked passed my head. It missed me and hit my horse sending him on a trot in the oppisite direction. I did not even bother to try and chase him. Turning on my heel, I sprinted back in the direction of my hunting camp. The horse ran away with my sword and bow and arrow, leaving me defenseless as I ran away from the guards on horseback.

I noticed that even though they had every chance, none of the men bothered to strike me down with their swords. Instead they used arrows. They'd no doubt been watching me, waiting for their perfect chance to make their move. It was intended to look like I'd died in a hunting accident. No one would ever know who shot me, because I was alone. After order my soldiers to stay behind so I could hunt on my own, I never thought I'd be attacked. My thought broke as I felt a tear of skin as an  arrow grazed me. As I checked the wound, I lost my balance and tumbled down a hill. The soldiers must've assumed they accomplished their goal, because they took off back to English soil once I fell.

I woke in the chambers of the infirmart with my brother at my side. "Finally, I took you'd never wake." I coughed roughly. "How long was I sleep?" He shrugged. "2 or three days, the poison was strong, but we were able to get it out of your system." Poison? So that's why they only needed one wound. I pulled my brother close. "It was Arthur. He's gotten so on edge that he decided to take me on personally." James already knew of course. "Doesn't matter, Mary. He's going to die. I swear that to you, sister."