Chapter 46

Hailey's POV
I plopped down on the couch beside Shawn and watched him play games on his phone as I ate my sandwich.
"What time are we going out tonight?" I heard Taylor ask outloud.
"Wait, what? Where are you guys going tonight?" I asked.
"I think we are going to a small bar/dance club just down the street" Nash answered.
"Great. I'll wear my new dress that I bought" I smirked.
"I don't think so missy. Your not old enough to come" I knew that was coming.
"I know, I know. just joking" I laughed.
"We won't be gone long" that's a lie, "and we aren't drinking crazily or anything" that's also a lie they tried to tell me.
I remember being younger and these bars, I would be told about were called "adult places" and I was oblivious to the real meaning of it all was but not anymore. Basically you drink and dance your brains out until you can't count how many fingers are infront of your face and you'd fall on your face if you tried to walk.
"Does that mean me and Hailey have to watch sky?" Hayes asked coming out of the bathroom with his basketball shorts and tanktop while his hair was still wet from his shower; looked pretty good if I do say so myself.
"Yup, if you two don't mind?" Nash asked.
"Yayy!" Sky jumped up from the floor where she was playing with her ponies and ran over to me, jumped, and embraced her tiny arms around my body.
"Oh geeze" I joked as she sent me flying backwards and my sandwich along with it.
"Sorry Hailey" she giggled, "I got abit excited" this little girl is adorable.

••••••••••••

"Alright, kiddos we're heading out" dad said as everybody had finished getting ready and started piling out the door.
"Bye"
"See ya"
"Love you guys" me, Hayes and Sky all said to them.

We spent the night dancing, singing and playing horses with Sky until she was too tired to play anymore and all she wanted to do was watch Frozen. I set up pillows and blankets on the floor for me and her to lay down and watch it; Hayes refused to lay down and watch it for the 40 thousandth time. Sky was out like a light in the matter of 10 minutes and i layed under the cover in silence with the movie playing which I had lost interest in long ago and was just thinking to my self. I thought Hayes was sleeping too until I heard him cough.
I poked my head up and looked at the couch behind me; Hayes was sitting there in the dark with just the light of his phone shining on his face. I crawled out slowly out from the blankets; being sure not to wake skylynn and climbed onto the couch close beside him.
"Whatcha lookin' at?" I whispered.
"Just lookin'" he smiled lightly with tired eyes. i rested my head on his shoulder and he slipped his arm around me with a tight grip; but it felt nice. It felt right.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

Can you feel the connection 😏

Another update coming soon :)