Chapter 3

Hailey's POV
I honestly didnt know what to think when Daniel told me there were people down stairs for me.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"I don't know I was told to come and get you because there are people here to see you" he responded. I walked down the hall past all the white doors most of them shut with all the other kids in this place behind them. step by step I took more questions past through my head; of course I could just be being asked to help in the orphanage kitchen to do dishes which I hated but most of the ladies that worked in the kitchen despised me so there was 2 percent chance that was it but what if maybe just maybe there was someone wanting to adopt me. I walked into the main mini office where I assumed I was supposed to go and opened the door. I saw ms. kinsley who was my absolute favourite person in the whole orphanage, she was beautiful and she truly understood me unlike anybody else, she also knew my whole story. I also saw 4 boys they looked way older than me maybe 17 or 19 I don't know. They all had brown hair, one had big bright blue eyes and the rest of them had brown eyes like me. they all smiled at me widely and I didn't know what to say; I was quite embarrassed to be honest .

Matt's POV
When we got to the orphanage we were all taken to an office. A lady maybe in her mid 20's escorted us to take a seat and shut the door behind us. We told her we were looking to adopt. I knew that this was a huge responsibility and we have been taking this too quickly but most of the time when cameron wants something he gets it. I had to explain to him the whole ride here that a kid is not a pet and to adopt a child we could be taking care of them for possibly the next 18 years and never once did he hesitate to turn around and go back home. the lady introduced herself as
Ms. kinsley. she pulled out all the files of the kids in the orphanage; she allowed us to flip through them all. every folder had the name, age, birth date, gender and a photo, paper clipped to it as well. all of a sudden cam yelled,
"This is the one!" we all jumped startled by the sudden noise. Nash, Shawn and I looked over cams shoulder and looked at the profile.
Name: Hailey
Age: 10
Birth date: November 2
Gender: F
The picture of Hailey almost looked like she could have passed as Cameron's daughter; brown eyes, brown hair and same shape of face.
"Now you have to understand this here is a very special girl, she is very quiet at first and she takes a while to warm up to. Her past is very upsetting. Hailey's parents died in a car accident when she was 6, then she was to live with her aunt that abused her mentally and physically for a couple years until she ran away. we found her on the streets at night in the cold and hungry." my mouth had dropped open at that point and I couldn't believe that. Cameron almost had tears in his eyes and Shawn and Nash looked so disappointed.
"We need to adopt her guys" Shawn said. we all agreed. they called her down and we waited until she walked in. Finally a young girl walked in, she looked so small but like she could handle so much. she was short and had a sweet little face. Her face was sad and her eyes could reveal her whole story. But she still looked so interesting. I knew she was the one and all the boys definitely agreed.