chapter 36

haileys POV

The sun was shining through my window brightly when i woke up and i could tell that it was gonna be a pretty good day. I got up and put on a pair of my skinny jeans a bright tshirt and flats while putting my hair into a side braid before making my way downstairs. Surprisingly i made my way downstairs before hayes, and started eating my breakfast. Sky was never awake on time and one of the boys always have to pry her out of bed and even then she still dosent want to get up but shes still adorable and i dont blame her for not wanting to go to school. By the time Hayes came into the kitchen and sat down at the table with me to  have breakfast, i was already on my second pancake.

"did you wake up late?" shawn asked hayes from the table too who had been sitting with me for a while also eating his breakfast.

"ya, i overslept my alarm" hayes replied and i snickered abit getting an offended playful smirk from him. I finished both of my pancakes and left to get my school bag together while sky and Hayes finished eating and getting ready before we went out the door. 

I waved goodbye as i entered the school and made my way to the locker. The hallways were typically full and i had to squeeze my way through a crowd to be met with the face of Gabriella at our locker.

"hey, where were you yesterday?" she asked me

"sorry, my dad and the boys had a meeting yesterday so they let me stay home" i explained and she understood. She has always understood me no matter what the situation which i loved. The bell had rang and the hallways cleared out as i scrambled my stuff together and made my way into the classroom. 

"hey" i said sitting down at my table which i was assigned to and i got warm smiles from around the table. My teacher took the attendance before the sound of our principals voice came on the announcements and we all stood behind our chairs. The day at school was good and i was okay that it dragged on for awhile. Taylor picked us up after school and dropped us off at home and we all thanked him before he drived off. 

All the boys were cooking dinner in the kitchen, sky had fell asleep and me and hayes were sitting on the couch; both very bored. 

"wanna go for a walk?" hayes asked me

"yes! im so bored" we both jumped up quietly so we didnt wake sky and went into the kitchen to ask dad and nash if we could, "ya sure, just be back in time for supper" we both nodded our heads and went out the front door. I offered that we walk to the park but Hayes insisted that we had to walk his way. We walked down a pathway through a neighborhood with really nice houses and a few more streets before we made our way to a bridge. The bridge was small and looked old but secure enoguh to walk acroos. We walked across it slowly looking carefully over the edge as we walked and saw the mini fish swimming in the water below us. 

"is this your getaway?" i asked hayes

"my what?" he looked cofused.

"your getaway, like when you have alot of things on your mind or you need alone time to figure things out, this is where you come?" i explained

"well, um, ya i guess this is my getaway then" he smiled lightly. we continued walking until we made our way to the end of the bridge where there was another pathway by the water. I let my hands glide along the branches of the bushes as we walked. 

"does anybody know you down here?" i asked hayes curiously

"no, i dont think so. Nobody really pays attention so its kinda a secret" he responded and i pretended to seal my lips and throw away the key. We started to play 21 questions as we walked; laughing at each others stupid answers and listening to how weird we both were. I asked him what his favourite animal was and he named off a few crazy exotic animals that i had never even heard of, i started laughing until the point that my stomach hurt. All of a sudden i felt hayes's hand grab mine, i wiped away the tears in my eyes and looked at him with one eyebrow raised.

"hayes?" i questioned him

"what? cant a guy hold his friends hand?" he asked smirking and i thought about it for a quick second. "ya, friends can. I mean I've never personally read a friend rule book" i joked and it caused him to laugh. We turned around and started making our way back home since we both decided that the boys would really start to worry if we weren't home by the time that dinner was done. With mine and Hayes' hands still interlocked i swung our arms back and worth as we walked. As soon as we made it over the bridge, i kept on peeking glances over at hayes to see if he was paying attention before i yelled "race ya" and took off running. i heard him start to laugh and run close behind me, i tried my best to remember the way that we got to the bridge but eventually i became too tired and lost my sense of direction. Hayes came running up behind me with an idiotic smile on his face that made me grin and we both laughed as we made our way back home with Hayes leading the way. 

By the time we got back home, the boys were just finishing up setting the table for dinner and skylynn was waking up from her little nap on the couch. sky was pretty upset that we went for a walk without her but me and hayes both promised we would talk her next time. We all ate supper together and talked about the upcoming magcon tour which im still overly excited about.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

did you like this chapter ? :) i know i enjoyed writing it !

please keep up the amazing job of commenting, voting and reading because it means so much to me! And ill update Wednesday ;)

QUESTION OF THE UPDATE: Where is your getaway?

ANSWER OF THE UPDATE: mine is dreaming at night and running, it always helps me get my mind off things :)

love you <3