Chapter 26

Haileys POV
Finally the time came; I was allowed to go back to school. My leg has healed abit now but I still have my stupid cast and crutches. I walk into school and make my way to the lockers. I see Nicholas and Micheal at my locker already. Micheal gives me a hug and helps me the rest of the way to the locker. If your wondering then yes; me and Micheal are dating. I know alot of people don't really consider it dating at my age but I don't think we're that young. Nicholas helps me with my books and we go into the class. Everybody greets me and says hi. Gabriella caught a bad flu so sadly I didn't have her there to greet me. I found out that while I was gone we switched seats which I hate but turns out I actually sit at a table with Micheal, Nicholas, and Gabriella plus a few other people. The morning went by quickly but the afternoon seemed to drag on. I felt like everyone was treating me like I couldn't do anything for myself; everyone was treating me completely different and trying to do everything for me , I hated it. The end of the day rolled around and I was getting my stuff together in my backpack. Like usual Micheal was the last guy getting his stuff from his locker and was usually late for his bus but it didnt seem to bother him.
"I'm so glad your back hail" he said to me smiling.
"I'm happy to be back, even though I really didnt miss any of the work but I missed everybody" he laughed at my comment and gave me a hug.
"Okay micheal, I would love to keep hugging really, but your going to be miss your bus, aren't you?"
"Oh shit ya! Ok bye I love you hailey" he yelled down the hall. "love you too!" I yelled back just shaking my head while smiling. Jack G was there to pick me up and drive me home.
"How was your day" he asked me.
"It was pretty good actually"
"That's good! happy to be back?"
"Umm, kinda" I replied. I flipped the stations on the radio in his car and stopped on a station that was playing "distance" which by the way Jack g and Jack j sing themselves. I cranked the volume and started waving my hands around. Jack sang all of his parts in the song and I covered all of jack j's parts. We sang all the way home and laughed together, when we pulled up to the house Jack jumped out and helped me get out the car and walk me to the door. I have him a hug and waved goodbye as he walked back to the car and drove off.
"I'm home!" I yelled setting down my backpack.
"Hey hails" Nash said to me from the kitchen.
"How was your first day back?" Dad asked me as soon as I walked into the living room.
"Normal; boring work, good friends" I replied. He nodded his head accepting my answer.
"How about we go out for dinner tonight, I don't feel like cooking" Shawn said while walking into the living room and plopping down on the couch beside me.
"YYAYYY!" I yelled excited.
"Okay Hailey, come yourself down" Nash said also walking into the living room. I ran upstairs to go get changed into something different, I heard Matt in his room making a vine but he kept on redoing it over and over again; he always has to make it perfect. I ran in the room and jumped out from behind him, he screamed and freaked out. Thank God he vined it because it was hilarious! I changed into leggings and an oversized sweater that said "too sassy for you" which by the way Matt bought me for Christmas. eventually we did get out of the house and all decided on eating at Mandarin. We got seated right away and went to get food from the buffet stand. we all started eating as soon as we sat down. Nash was rambling on with Shawn about a stupid superhero conversation; Nash was saying superman was better than Spider-Man but Shawn disagreed. Dad was busy eating along with Matt. My eyes started wandering around the restaurant, I examined everybody I saw. Of course we've all been told that staring is rood but you cant blame me for being just a little curious sometimes. Suddenly my eyes stopped at a table, and I couldn't believe who I saw. Daina. She was at a table with another guy and they were holding hands across the table, let me just say she was wearing a mini skirt and belly top; I almost threw up everything in my stomach. I knew Dad was still dating her even though she never really came around the house anymore cause nobody liked her, Ive still heard him on the phone with her late at night and I know he goes out with her during the day sometimes. I tried to not make a big deal about it cause I didn't want dad to see her so I took out my phone and texted Matt from across the table.
"Hailey, you know the rules. No phones while we're eating" dad said to me. "I know, sorry I was just checking the time" I said to him. I heard Matt's phone go off and he looked at it. "Come on Matt, you too?" dad looked at him. I saw Matt look at his phone and read the message. In the text I told him to look at the table a few down from us, luckily dad kept on eating so he didnt notice that Matt being stupid was making it so obvious he was trying to look for somebody. I knew the second Matt saw her because his eyes bulged out of his head. I just gave him a signal on not to say anything. Eventually Nash and Shawn got over the whole superhero argument which wasnt actually settled but dad got so tired of listening to them fight that he told them both to shut up.
"I'm gonna go get dessert" I said standing up. I nudged my head at Matt to tell him to come. "ya me too" he said standing up. We went to fill our place with dessert. "I can't believe Daina" I said. "ya I know right" Matt piled on a peice of cake. " we can't let dad see her" "ya but Hailey, maybe we should tell him" Matt said to me. I thought about if for a moment. I mean I know dad will be upset but she's a lying, cheating dirty little ... well she's a liar and a cheater lets just say that. "Okay fine but not right now, wait until we are about to leave" Matt agreed with me and we made our back to the table. Throughout the rest off dinner we all just talked and thankfully dad didn't see daina. We were just about to leave and Matt was gonna say something until Nash noticed her and practically screamed "hey, isn't that daina!" Dad turned his head in the direction of the table that Daina and the random guy were sitting at and of course right when he looked they kissed. I face palmed myself and just shook my head.
"Are you kidding me..." Dads body went tense and his teeth clenched up which he only does when he gets really mad. "ok let's go to the van" Shawn turned me around by my shoulders and took me to the van. I heard dad go up to Daina's table and then Matt and Nash tried to tell him to calm down but I figured the whole "cam and Daina" thing was over. Shawn and I sat in the van for almost 10 minutes until finally dad, Shawn and Matt all hopped in the van. To my surprise they were all laughing. "what happened?" I asked confused. "well cameron let Daina know how he really felt and she tried to make up an excuse but it was the biggest lie we've ever heard" Nash told me. I still didnt really get why they were all laughing, but whatever Im just happy that Daina is gone for good.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I'm SO sorry it's such a late update, I feel like it takes me longer everytime! but I'm trying my absolute best to make the chapters good and somewhat long :)

I can't even believe how many reads and votes this story has gotten and it's ALL because of you guys! THANKYOU SOO MUCH 💗

Ok leave recommendations on what I should do next! I like to read what you guess think should happen!

I love you alllll 💗