Chapter 24

Hailey's POV
"Hail, do want to have some breakfast?" I faintly wake up to hearing Matt in the door way. I look over at my clock and see that it says 11:00.
"Oops my bad" I said getting up. I nodded my head yes and recommended blueberry pancakes. Matt left the room and I struggled to lift my heavy casted leg out of bed and get my self up, when I did finally manage I was actually tired. I went downstairs into the kitchen but I didn't see any of the other boys around. "where's everybody?" I asked pouring myself a glass of orange juice. "they had to go to a vine interview" Matt answered. I watched him put my burnt blueberry pancakes on a plate and I laughed at the thought because he still hasn't got the hang of cooking but I didn't say anything because I was hungry and would eat anything. "you weren't invited?" I asked him. "nah, me and some of the other boys are going for an interview next week" he told me. I quickly ate my blueberry pancakes but I had to drown them in syrup just to get them down my throat. By 12:30 I was already bored; this was gonna be a long couple weeks at home. I tried to walk around my room a bit because the doctor said it would help but I found myself getting quickly tired plus the medicine that helped take some of the pain away is making me drowsy. Finally 3:00 rolled around and I first got a text from Micheal; causing an automatic smile appear on my face.

Micheal : Hey ! can I come over?
Hailey: sure :)

It took him only about 5 minutes to get here. I heard Matthew let Micheal in when he rang the doorbell and I made my way with my cast and crutches down the stairs slowly. "Hailey!" Micheal smiled widely as I walked down the stairs. "Micheal!" I replied laughing. The boys have a policy that no boys at my age are allowed in my bedroom; I promised them I would never do anything but I guess they don't trust me that well, whatever. We worked in the living room, while Matt went upstairs and I think cleaned up or something. I plopped down on the couch and Micheal followed right beside me, he took out a few notebooks from his backpack and started explaining things to me. "so we have stupid math homework , and science" he rolled his eyes and I couldn't help myself but laugh because he's so dramatic. Micheal tried his best to show me what we were learning but I honestly didnt catch on and I don't think he really knew what he was talking about. My phone went off and I picked it up from beside me, it read "Nicholas" on the screen but I just ignored it. "who is it?" micheal asked me. "just Nicholas, i'll answer him later" I replied. "dont you like him though?" I started laughing and laughing but then realized that Micheal was being serious; I tried to keep my composure to explain. "Oh my gosh, no! I mean ya Nicholas and me are really close but I don't like him" I told him and he got a smile on his face that made me smile too. "who do you like then?" he asked me, "who do you like?" "I asked you first!" this went on for a few more minutes until we both got too tired to keep fighting and Matt had got dinner; luckily he ordered pizza so no more of his cooking for today. The boys all got home and allowed me to have Micheal over for dinner. Me and Micheal sat beside each other and laughed at little faces we kept on making back and forth, thankfully the boys didnt really pay attention to us. After supper sadly micheal got his stuff together and his dad came to pick him up. Right before he was about to go out the door he turned around and held out his arms at first I was surprised and didn't realize what he was doing. But then I realized he was asking for a hug, I took a step closer and he pulled me into his warm embrace. "Bye hail" he said and we pulled away, "bye" I smiled. I shut the door behind Micheal after he left and couldn't stop smiling. "You like him don't you" I heard Nash say from behind me. I whipped around and he had a sneaky look on his face, "promise you won't tell dad" I told him. "promise" Nash held out his pinky finger and laughed at the childish gesture.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I LOVE YOU GUYS 💗

Hope you still like it cause I try my best when I update :)

PLEASE vote, follow and share !