Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Author’s Note: Yes, I changed the cover. No, Draya is not a part of the story but I felt like the picture fit the story. Also, I will be writing a part of this chapter in first POV, just to try something new so, let me know if you guys like it or not. I don't really like it so I didn't do it all the way, I apologize if that causes any confusion. I also apologize for any errors.

Ps. Read my Do's & Don't book if you're in need of any writing tips. Follow me on Twitter @trillafx, and IG @xtrillafx. Kai and King in the Multi-Media. Will try to update in like another week or so. 

Kai

I peered at the truck hard, trying to see through the darkly tinted windows on it but to no avail. The truck soon sped off down the street and I was slowly losing sight of it. It was so weird, seeing that guy again. He was even more handsome up close and in the natural light of day.

He had deep caramel toned skin, and the dark shades that he wore confined his identity, only making me more curious as to whom this nigga was. I’ve been living around this way for some years and I never recall seeing him or the guy Tay.

Thoughts of Tay’s friend consumed my thoughts. He was just appealing, and mysterious. He had a tall stature and he walked with a certain confidence. Like, he was that nigga.

What was my aunt doing dealing with guys like this? And then it hit me… I felt my face twist up as certain thoughts crossed my mind. People probably thought I was crazy as I took my time going back to my building which was about ten minutes away, and about six blocks.

But everything was all adding up. How could I have missed it? My aunt had lost weight and her behavior changed drastically as the years went by. I guess that since I avoided her as much as possible and was rarely ever at home, I never had time to put two and two together until now.

I didn’t know much about drug dealers and all that stuff besides what I’ve seen on television or heard. But, there were something’s that hadn’t made sense to me until now. For example, why did Dana have disposable needles lying all over the damn house? They always looked rusty and burnt but I brushed it off. As far as I was concerned, she had some kind of life threatening decease that would soon kill her ass.

I was tripping so hard right now that I was unintentionally walking slow as hell, staring at the ground as I walked which was a habit of mines. Wow, I was damn near dumbfounded right now. I wasn’t sure if my aunt was on drugs or what drug, at that. But what if she was? Had her life been so miserable that she resulted in drugs, of all things? Had I made her life such a living hell that she needed drugs to cope with the reality of her situation?

I’ve heard nasty things about drug addicts and it baffles me that someone that I surround myself with every single day could have possibly fallen victim. If Dana was doing drugs, she couldn’t have been doing them for that long, maybe a year or two. I just couldn’t believe it. A part of me didn’t give a fuck but a part of me— my younger self, the one who still cared for Dana, and loved her… actually gave a fuck.

I shook my head. Maybe I was wrong. I don’t know anything about drugs and drugs users anyways. Wait; was I in denial right now? Why would I be in denial, though? I’m not the one on drugs. I inhaled and exhaled hard, I didn’t even understand why I was going back and forth with myself.

Before I knew it, I was back in my projects. I heard my phone ring, indicating that I’d received a text. I reached behind me and grabbed it out of the pocket off my Levi shorts. It was Elisa. The text read: Girrrl, the D got me feelin like I’m off the shits!