Chapter 5

Author's Note: Heyyy, I missed you guys, too! Anywho, I decided to update after thinking further into where I want to go with this story. I AM going to finish it, even though I am not very fond of it anymore. This is just a start of more to come, Ik it's not much but hopefully, it'll hold you guys off for a week or so. Also, please don't forget that I will make mistakes so don't please don't judge me. I hope you guys enjoy. I pray that I haven't lost too many of my fans/supproters/readers, and if I have, I am thankful for those of you who waited. Thank you. 

Ps. If you've forgotten how Catalina looks, refer back to Chapter 2 of this story. 

Chapter 5

A week and a half later, Milyon was on her way home after visiting Carti in the hospital. She hated to see him in the condition he was in; she needed him to wake up.  She was overwhelmed, and was barely able to keep her head on straight. She’d decided that she needed to put off starting school for a while, she simply wasn’t ready.

Several minutes later, she arrived home. It was pretty much empty, Shy had gone to the grocery store but Billie Jean greeted her with nothing but excited barks, and jumping for Milyon to pick her up. Milyon did, and headed to her bedroom. She sat Billie Jean on the bed, and removed her coat and her wheat colored Timbs. She didn’t have anyone to impress so she wore comfortable clothes. Just as she was getting undressed, her phone vibrated, indicating a call was coming through. She grabbed it off of her bed, and saw that it was the same number that’d been calling her all week— Detective Hughes who working on Carti’s case. She had talked to him once in the beginning of the week but after that conversation, she didn’t want to talk to him anymore. She sighed. She didn’t want to answer but she did, reluctantly.

“Hello?” she said.

“Um, hi, Ms. Carter?” he said, making sure it was Milyon he was talking to.

Milyon rolled her eyes and sat on her bed. “Yes?” She replied.

“Yes, Ms. Carter. This is Detective Hughes, I’m the assigned detective on the case of your—boyfriend… Mr. King. I don’t know if you recall the last conversation we had, but I just want to remind you again that I need to speak with you and if I don’t speak with you soon, I will be forced to have you placed under arrest for...” He said in a serious tone, but Milyon interrupted him midsentence.

Milyon rolled her eyes. “Well, Mr. Hughes… I currently don’t have a lawyer and because I don’t have a lawyer I won’t be speaking with you anytime soon. Thanks for calling, though.” Milyon said in a fake happy voice, and hung up in his face. She couldn’t deal with the authorities right now; she needed some time to think. She knew that they didn’t have any evidence against her so she had no worries. Her only worry was that Carti wouldn’t wake up. She prayed hard and long before getting in the shower and taking a nap.

***

Two and a Half Months Later

Mace was on a private jet back to Colombia, he needed to meet up with Camillo so he could get business up and running. He had waited, just feeling uneasy about Carti not being able to do business with him. But it’s been over two months and Carti hasn’t woken up yet, he needed to get this money.

The detective stopped fucking with his sister who was getting bigger and bigger each day. On the other hand, Taylor was pretty much going to spend the rest of her life in prison, her trial hasn’t come yet because Carti wasn’t out of coma yet but Mace was pretty sure she was going down, she did kill Qua. But, if Carti doesn’t make it, she’ll be guilty on two counts of first degree murder. Either way it goes, Mace was glad that she was out of their lives. But a part of him was grateful that she was there that day at the hospital, or his homie would be gone forever. Mace only wished that he’d killed Qua when he had the chance.