Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Shy walked into Mace’s condo, irritated. She wanted to know what was going on but Mace wasn’t telling her anything. What was he hiding? Shy took her pink and gray North Face hoodie off, and threw it onto the sofa, leaving her with a tightly fitting white wife beater on.

Mace closed the door behind them and trailed closely behind Shy, he knew she had copped an attitude and it frustrated him. It was hard to talk to Shy when she had an attitude.

“So, you got an attitude now?” Mace questioned Shy who was now walking towards his bedroom.

Shy simply shook her head without speaking, and walked into his bedroom. Mace smacked his lips, knowing she was lying. “Why you lyin’, man?” he asked, following her into his bedroom.

Shy sat on the bed doing something on her phone. Mace walked over to her, standing over her, she didn’t even look up.

“Shy’Andrea? Dawg, I’m talkin’ to you.” Mace said, raising his voice a little. He hated that he was sitting here trying to see what her problem was and she was ignoring him.

Shy looked up at him with a scowl on her face. She then got up and brushed passed him but before she could get far, Mace grabbed her by her arm, forcing her to face him. “Stop playin’ wit’ me, man. I’m not finna sit here and kiss yo’ ass…” he said, letting her arm go, roughly.

Shy sighed, and rolled her eyes. She shifted her weight onto one leg, and began shaking it. Mace looked at her for a response but she simply raised her phone which was in her hand, powered the screen on, and began to put her password in but suddenly, her phone was being snatched out of her hand.

“Really? You goin’ sit here and get on the phone while I’m tryna talk to you?” he said, tossing her phone onto the bed.

Shy shot him a look to kill, she wanted so badly to curse him out but she refused to give him the pleasure of hearing her voice. She wanted him to talk to her, take the initiative to explain himself. He knew what her problem was so why wasn’t he addressing it? And until he decided to address the issue at hand instead of nagging at her, she was going to continue to stay quiet no matter how much he provoked her to pop off.

She turned her back and walked away, heading out of the room. Mace had to stand there, so he could calm himself down. He wasn’t the one to kiss nobody’s ass, and Shy knew that. They had only been together for some weeks and here she was making him want to cut shit loose already. This was his first real relationship and this shit was starting to get frustrating already. He inhaled deeply and exhaled, trying to free himself of the aggression that was building up.

Mace then headed out of his bedroom and walked into the living room where he found Shy, sitting on the sofa, watching TV. “Shy?” he called out. No response.

“Shy’Andrea?” he called out again, this time with a little more bass in his voice, still no response.

Mace nodded his head. “A’ight. Fuck it, I’m out, yo.” He said, checking his pockets for his car keys, he grabbed them, and headed for the door. He looked back at Shy on the sofa… nothing. She didn’t even turn around. His jaws clenched together tightly before he opened the door, and walked out.

SLAM!

Mace slammed the door, loudly.

Shy flinched when the door slammed. She looked back, and tears began burning at her eyes, she tried to fight them but it was useless. She covered her face with both her hands, and cried silently into them.

***

Mace sat in his car, smoking a blunt. He didn’t know what to do; he couldn’t even leave the parking lot. He just needed a moment to himself. He had to get his mind together. He hated to upset Shy but she knew that he was new to this shit and she refused to work with him. He didn’t want to leave her because he did feel himself falling for her but she was making things really difficult for him.