Chapter 23

Author's Note: Last chapter. If you see a mistake, something don't make sense or ain't right... comment. Unedited and has not been proofread. Don't complain, just let me know. Enjoy. Description to book one will be will be posted this weekend. Chapter one will be posted soon. Sorry for the delay and the ghetto, ratchet ass wedding.

Chapter 23

Shy

Standing there, I couldn't even smile and act like I'm happy to see this girl. But I wouldn't be rude, "Oh, hi," I said. I waved, dryly. I walked around the table and took a seat next to Milyon.

Kai smiled, fake ass smile, "Hey, you're Shy, right? I'm glad to finally get to really meet you."

I tilted my head to the side, slightly. Is that right? "Well, I could say the same for you."

Milyon looked back and forth between the both of us, smiling, "Alright guys, we're going to have breakfast served to us in about thirty minutes. I have a nail technician coming around one. Masuist coming at one forty-five and we're going to have lunch. There's a fitting for your dress," she pointed to me. I nodded. So much information at once, "Are you sure you're comfortable being in the wedding? I don't want you to feel like you have to..." she said to Kai.

She only wanted Kai to hang with us the day before her wedding. I was cool with that. But about a week ago she asked me what I thought of Kai being in the wedding. She wanted there to be an equal amount of groomsmen and bridesmaids: two on each side. Obviously Mace was Carti's best man and Capo would also be in the wedding. I would be Milyon's maid of honor and Kai would be a bridesmaid.

I wasn't comfortable with that because she barely even knew the chick but I had no right to say no. It's her day. I know that if she wasn't obsessing on both sides being equal, Kai would likely not be in the wedding.

Kai nodded, "Yes, I'm sure. If you need me to be a stand-in, I will if that's really what you want," Kai assured her.

"Thank you, you're so nice. I really appreciate it."

"I got you, girl," Kai nudged her elbow. They smiled at one another like idiots. Why were they so happy?

"So, you worked for Maceon and Carti?" I questioned. This was my opportunity to dig in and see what was really up with this girl. I already knew the truth.

Maceon hadn't come home late after that first night. But the very next night he came home, I was up waiting and Milyon and King had just left. It was raining really hard that night and I couldn't fall asleep.

Maceon slowly opened the door, he didn't want to wake me up. But I was wide awake, I was sitting in our bed, watching TV. I don't remember what but I do remember a lot of commercials. I was pretty bored and was excited when he walked in. He was surprised to see I was up.

"What you doin' up?" He asked, pulling his shirt, shoes, and pants off near the door. He left them on the floor. I always had to pick up after him but I didn't mind. He climbed into the bed with only his boxers on. He kissed me and laid next to me.

"Just watching TV, I couldn't go to sleep cause of the rain."

"No, you couldn't go to sleep cause of the thunder. Scary ass."

I shot him a look and laughed, "Shut up, I'm not scary. You're the scary one," I pointed, teasing him. I missed him when he was gone. I hate that he leaves me here so late at night, alone almost, other than the security standing around our house. I will never understand that. This ain't the white house. But I will get over it.