Chapter 18

Author's Note: First off, I am so sorry for the long wait, I really don't have much of an excuse besides the fact that my laptop is messed up and had to transfer it to my other laptop to upload (That wasn't as easy as it sounded, Wattpad gave me issues also.) Lol, any who, I apologize for the last chapter being private, I hateeeee private chapters because some of you may not have even noticed that  updated. I will fix that ASAP. Andddd since it took so long to update, if you don't remember some things, you should go back and scan over the last few chapters. I don't really like this chapter but whatever. Please tell me if you think shit is going to fast and I will fall back some. I will not take so long to update the next chapter, I promise. If I get more comments within the first few days, I will start on it right away. Your comments motivate me. I need motivation guys, thank you. 

Ps. I haven't checked my inboxes yet but I will soon. Please don't feel like I don't care to read your messages, I care about each and every one but it really is a lot and it needs to be read through thoroughly. Oh, and about the questions that you guys wanted me to answer, I will probably post a chapter in the near future answering those. I'm sorry I've been a bit busy lately. I love and appreciate all o you. Don't forget to tell me if the pace of the story is okay. 

Sorry for rambling, but thank you to all of my readers for getting the OIAM series to ONE MILLION VIEWS fucking each. Y'all are everything, thank you so much. My bad for the errors, too. I'm done fr now, bye. 

Oh, and my other stories won't be getting updated until OIAM3 is done. I'm not sure anymore if there'll be a book four, I really want there to be one. But I really need to work on my craft as a writer. I'm taking a Creative Writing course this upcoming semester and I'm excited. Hopefully, that'll better my writing skills. This book is not quite over yet, we have a waysss to go so I have a while to make that decision. 

Chapter 18

Mace zoned out as Kai tended to his scarred knuckles. He had never felt so emotionally weak; it seemed that the death of Shy was hitting him now harder than ever. He knew that he had been in love with Shy, and would have one day made her his wife. He yearned for her to be near, to simply just see her face in flesh. He didn’t want to see a photograph of her, reminding him that what they had were now memories, and that’s all they’ll ever be. He needed her

“You feel like telling me what’s wrong now?” Kai asked, sitting on the edge of the bathtub while Mace sat on the lid of the toilet. 

Mace didn’t even look at her, he was mentally elsewhere. He cleared his throat before speaking. “I used to live here with my girl… she was killed in an accident.” That’s all he could bring himself to say. 

Kai was surprised to hear that, it was written on her face. She didn’t take Mace as the ‘Settling Down’ type. She looked on with a look of remorse now. “I’m sorry to hear that, Mace. When… did it happen?” she asked. She was curious but she knew not to pry too hard because he seemed as though he didn’t want to talk about it right now. 

Mace sighed. “Last year. I’m about to go, though... I can’t be here right now.” He said, standing up. 

Kai stood, also. “Um, are you sure it’s safe for you to be driving? I mean, it is getting late. You can stay in any room you want; it is technically your condo.” Kai said with a small smirk. She was attempting to lighten the mood. But Mace’s facial expression showed that she failed, miserably. She felt that Mace was a hazard to the road in his current state, and not only to the road, but to himself also. 

Mace seemed to be contemplating what she’d said. “I’ll take the second room, on the right. You can have the master… it has a bathroom inside.” He said. The room he was sleeping in was the room that Milyon used to sleep in when he first found her. He couldn’t sleep in the bedroom that he used to share with Shy; he didn’t want to be there as it was. But he agreed with what Kai was saying, it wasn’t safe for him to drive. He needed to clear his mind. He walked out of the bathroom and headed to the room where he would be sleeping.