Chapter 10

Author's Note: If something is repeating, it is either your device or Wattpad. Please don't comment to complain about the repeating, guys. If that's the case, complain to Wattpad. Thanks, and enjoy.

Chapter 10

The room was filled was happiness, excitement, and lots of love. Milyon felt appreciated. There were so many people walking up to her and congratulating her and Carti, she didn’t even know most of them. After about thirty minutes of mingling, food was being served; most of it was bought from the grocery store. Milyon didn’t mind though, she was grateful for even having a baby shower.

While everyone sat trying to enjoy their food, Carti had walked up to the front of the miniature ballroom, and was handed a mic. Milyon stopped eating, along with Shy, but Mace’s greedy ass continued eating though. “Aye, can I get everyone’s attention?” Carti said into a mic, waiting a moment before speaking again. He put his hand in the pocket of his light golden tented Robins Jeans. He shifted his stance in his Gold Medal retro 7 Jordan’s. 

After the room quieted, he continued. “A’ight, I just want to thank everyone for coming through today, me and my lady really appreciate that. And I would like to thank the fam’ for helpin’ me put this together…” he said, pointing to the table Mace, Shy, Milyon, Capo, Tay, and their lady friends sat at. The crowd applauded.

Shy smiled, and Mace grinned with food in his mouth, he nodded his head. “And with that bein’ said, I would like to ask Milyon to come up here right quick. I got a gift that I want her to open before she opens anything else.” Carti said, smirking.

Milyon cheesed, she wiped her mouth before getting up. “You need help, baby?” He asked with a serious look plastered on his face.

She smiled once more while approaching him, “No, babe… I’m pregnant not cripple.” She said, the crowd burst into laughter.

Carti chuckled and nodded his head, waiting for her to reach him. When she got there, Carti grabbed her hand and spoke into the mic. “This woman right here… man, she has been my rock since we’ve been together. It’s only been about ten months, and I swear…” he said, chuckling as if he couldn’t believe what he was saying. He faced Milyon, they stood hand in hand. “Ma, I swear I feel like I’ve known you my whole life. After almost losing you countless times, I don’t think I can ever be away from you for too long no more. Remember what I said to you on Christmas night?” he asked Milyon, who was on the verge on tears at the thought.

Milyon kneeled over Carti, crying and talking to him, lowly. “Carti, baby… please wake up. I need you. Please, please don’t leave me like this, please…” She sobbed, barely able to get her words out, her hand rested on the side of his face, and the other holding his hand. His grip was loosening by the second.

Carti was slipping away, his breathing became faint. He struggled to keep his eyes opened, “I-I…  love you, Mil’. Know ‘dat. You… you got my heart, ma.” Carti said, barely above a whisper.

“I love you too, Carti. Please, stay wit’ me! Please, baby… Oh, my God. I can’t breathe. Lord, please, please don’t do this. Baby, keep breathing for me, I can’t live wit’ out you, Cartier. Call the police!” She had heard Shy and Mace come in, and didn’t know that Mace was already on it. She then heard him talking.

 Milyon’s heart was beating rapidly, while Carti’s heart was approaching its last. Milyon smacked his cheek, gently trying to wake him but his eyes had closed shut. “No, no, no. No, please… please…” Milyon cried. Just then, Carti released his last breathe, and his grip on her hand was gone. 

Milyon blinked away tears, coming back to reality, “…You got my heart, ma.”  were the words that played over and over in her mind. She wondered where he was going with this because she didn’t want to get too emotional in front of their guests but couldn’t help the tear that slid down her cheek; she looked down while holding Carti’s hand. Carti let go of her hand, he lifted her chin up so they were looking in one another’s eyes, and he used the butt of his thumb to wipe the falling tear away, he then kissed her softly on her cheek. “I meant that shit, Mil’. You got my heart… and my gift to you is one that offers my devotion, my commitment, and my life to you…” Carti placed the mic on a nearby table. He stood in front of Milyon, breathed in deeply, and slowly kneeled to one knee.