Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Shy and Mace climbed into his all black Porsche Panamera with the red velvet interior. Shy still had no clue as to where they were going but she wouldn’t dare protest, she would just go with the flow. She honestly didn’t know what to wear, so she dressed casually in a pale pink blazer, an off-white sheer shirt which she had tucked into her all black high-waist skinny jeans. She accessorized with a skinny, black belt, a gold heart pendant, a gold Michael Kors watch, and topped her outfit off with black Burberry riding boots. Her long, curly weave was styled with her bangs pinned back and the rest flowed freely.

Mace, on the other hand was dressed in his casual street gear. Black True Religion jeans, along with a matching True Religion hoodie, he wore a pair of black, leather Timberland boots on his feet, and he also had a black skully pulled half way over his growing, curly hair. They rode in silence. Mace didn’t have shit to say while Shy was just too anxious to speak.

When they pulled up into the parking lot of iHop, Shy was slightly confused but kept her mouth shut. Mace parked the car in the packed parking lot, and then cut the car off. He looked over at Shy, and then reached over her, and opened the glove compartment. He them pulled out a Smith & Wesson pistol, he checked to make sure it was on safety, and then handed it to her.

“That’s yours. Be careful with it, it’s loaded. You may not know how to work it that good but it makes me feel better knowing you got something.” Mace said.

Shy took it. “What do I need this for? And what the hell I’ma do wit’ a empty gun.” she asked.

Mace pulled the handle on his door, to exit the car. “Stop askin’ questions and shit, and c’mon.” he said. Then they both exited the car. Shy put the gun in her Miachael Kors tote bag, and then put her hands in the pockets of her white and gray faux fur jacket, and put her head down to shield herself from the freezing winds coming their way.

Mace opened the door for Shy; she thanked him and walked through the doors. When they got in, they found their seats; they sat on the same side of the booth, and got comfortable.

“So, are you gon’ tell me why we here now, or what?” Shy asked, looking at him.

Mace shook his head, “Nah, you’ll see in a minute.” Mace replied simply, and pulled out his phone. Shy smacked her lips, and said nothing. She sat their quietly, waiting anxiously.

Over six minutes had passed, and Shy was becoming annoyed. A waiter had come to their table but Mace sent him away. Out of nowhere, a man walked up to their table. “What up, my G? You ready to talk?” the guy asked Mace.

Mace nodded and replied. “Shit, you already know. Have a seat.” Mace said, gesturing to the empty spot across from him and Shy. Shy had an idea of what was going on.

“Dano, this is my assistantAndrea. Andrea, this is Dano… he is interested in our product, definitely a potential buyer.”  Mace said, looking at Shy, hoping she would catch onto the fact that he cut off the ‘Shy’ part of her name, introducing her as ‘Andrea’. It was all a part of business; he didn’t want anyone knowing their real names. The streets knew him as ‘Mace’, and nothing else. No one had a clue what his real name was.

Shy looked at him weird, now seeing what he was up to but didn’t understand why he introduced her as Andrea. She then brought her attention back to Dano, and shook his hand from across the table. “Nice to meet you.” She said, in a sweet, innocent voice.

Dano flashed a charming smile. “Likewise, ma.” He said.

Mace then spoke, “So, how’s business goin’, fam? I see you been doin’ ya’ thing.” Mace said, he was just talkin’ some shit. Dano’s operation was nothing major, and it sure as hell wasn’t touching his and Carti’s operation. This nigga was still real low in the ranks; he had a lot of work to do.