Chapter 19

Author's Note: Cartier King Jr.'s name is not 'King', that is his nickname. He is called that because he's a junior and instead of referring to him as 'Carti', like his dad, so there's no confusion, they call him 'King'.

Character pics in mm. You should know who is who by now guys.

Chapter 19

The hollowness of her once fully occupied bed awakened Kai. Mace was no longer in the space besides her. She slowly came to, looking around the bedroom which she hadn't yet settled in. She now worried. She worried that after all that'd happened, and all that was said, Mace may have dipped on her. What if he was afraid to progress his friendship with her? She didn't even know if what happened last night really happened. Maybe she was drunk. Maybe it was a dream. Kai sighed. She removed her cellphone from the charger, and checked it; it was seven thirty-eight. She hadn't received any texts or calls from any of the contacts in her phone. She tossed it besides her onto the bed.

Getting out of the bed, she went to the bathroom. Taken aback by her appearance, she grimaced. Her makeup was still on, a bit flawed though, and her hair was completely disheveled. A few tangled strands hung against her shoulders and the others formed their own mass of curls. She proceeded to remove her makeup and fix her hair so that it was presentable.

She exited the bathroom, out of the bedroom, and headed to the kitchen. It was then, on the refrigerator that she noticed a note attached. She grabbed it off of the refrigerator anxiously. It could only be from Mace. The note read:

Had to handle some shit don't know when I'll be back but I left u sumn in the top drawer of the counter if u need anything call Milyon. I'll call you when I can

Disappointed, Kai frowned unknowingly. She had been looking forward to starting anew with Mace and possibly spending some time with him. She was in no rush to be in a relationship with Mace but she wanted to get to know him better, on a friend level. She shrugged it off; at least it hadn't been a dream. She went over to the counter and opened the top drawer on the left. There, was a large amount of bills bundled into a rubber band; she couldn't even count just by glance how much it was. But the roll was two times bigger than that of a large man's fist. And also in the drawer were the keys to his truck. She took in a breath. She didn't know how she felt accepting money from him. She barely even knew the nigga. She decided to take a few bills off of the stack of only one hundred dollar bills, five hundred dollar bills. It would be spending money; the roll was still fairly thick. She didn't know what to do with herself now.

***

New York

Mace, Carti, and Capo were being escorted to the Ritz Carlton hotel in a black; chrome accented 62 S Maybach that had been awaiting them when they exited the private jet. Aaliyah had reached out to Mace in the wee hours of the morning, asking for him and Carti's presence at an urgent meeting. Aaliyah was Akoni's cousin; Akoni had been their Jamaican coke plug for the past year. It was odd of Aaliyah to be reaching out to them because they usually received personal calls from Akoni if they needed to meet. So, the question as to why Akoni hadn't called lingered in everyone's mind. Mace only met the Jamaican man once, while Carti had met with him on several different occasions. Mace knew that Aaliyah was basically Akoni's right-hand man despite her sexuality. He'd also met her the one time that he'd met Akoni in New York months before. She always had a hard stare and refrained from speaking much.

Along with the meeting with Aaliyah, Capo received a call about Tay. The streets were talking and Tay was for sure in New York. Mace was going to find him. They were informed that Tay was spotted getting into the passenger seat of a dark blue Acura. And because their seemed to be no sign of him at either his home in Detroit or at his baby mother's home, this was good news for them. They still had someone staked out at both homes, just in case. Their last option would be to kidnap his child and its mother. No one wanted it to come down to that but they needed to find Tay, they had to do what they had to do—charge that shit to the game. The meeting with Aaliyah had only given him an excuse to actually come to New York and check shit out. Tay had fucked up big time. Shit was about to get real.