Chapter 8

Author’s Note: In advance, this chapter may be kind of short… I asked you all last week if I should slow down or something and no one really gave me anything to work with but someone did say that I should give the readers a better look into the character’s relationships and that’s what this chapter is. Also, please know that half of what I write about, I have not experienced in real life so don’t judge me if I don’t have every single fact straight, I do research but there’s only so much that research can help you with. Any who, please enjoy, and comment.

Ps. Read ‘Dying Breed’ and ‘Memoirs of a Dopefiend’. Oh, and I did change my name on here from ‘OutlawShxt’ to ‘RoialWriting’… obviously, I can’t keep the same username for too long. #dontjudgeme. And follow me on Insta: @xtrillafx

Chapter 8

Catalina sat on the bed, contemplating how she would seduce Mace when he arrived. She would do everything in her power to gain his attention. Mace was one of the most attractive black men that she’d ever encountered, and she wanted him, she wanted him badly. Not only did he carry himself as a boss, he presented himself as a boss, and when he pushed her away, it only made her want him that much more.

Catalina was not usually so forward, her father had taught her better than that. But she’d only wished that she had her mother to talk to. Catalina’s mother, Alejandra Moreno, passed away four years ago due to a heart murmur. Thus, breaking her daughter’s heart. Catalina had looked up to her, idolizing this woman. Alejandra carried herself with such class, and poise, and as Catalina aged, she mimicked what she’d seen her mother do. Her mother taught her a few things, but nothing essential, nothing that would help her later on in life, her father taught her things of that nature.

After losing her mother, Catalina shut everyone out, and after a year or so of sulking in her misery, Catalina came to realize that she couldn’t sit and be depressed, she had to do something to help herself not think of the death of her mother, a distraction. Therefore, Catalina began dating, but particularly, men that her father had taken a liking to-- men whom possessed power and money. She never really like any of them, and had become bored with them after they would spend more time with her father than her.

She felt a breath of fresh air when she met Mace; he was all she’d ever dreamed of. And when her father was having a private conversation with an associate, she overheard him saying that he needed to send someone whom he could trust to look after business in the states. Catalina felt that the opportunity had practically presented itself, and she needed to take advantage of it. So, Catalina subliminally brought up going to the states, and though her father was skeptical at first, he said that he would let her go but with security. She whined about how she was grown and didn’t need any security, but he didn’t care. In the end, he did say that he would have them stay out of her way, and she would barely even see them. Catalina knew there was no winning with her father, so she reluctantly agreed.

Now, here she was, going after the man who she so desperately longed for. She hated that she had to trick him into coming but she knew he wouldn’t come under any other circumstances. She sighed to herself; she hated acting so out of character. She rested her hand on her forehead, and inhaled and exhaled deeply. She didn’t want to behave this way, she just really wanted Mace’s attention but he never gave it to her. Even when she had given him the best oral sex she could muster, he still dismissed her as if she was the help. Usually, one would be able to handle being denied, but Catalina was spoiled, and had been all her life. She got whatever she wanted, and even what she didn’t want. Back in her country, she had men chasing after her, desperate just to get her to look their way. Now, it seemed that the shoe was on the other foot.