Twenty seven

Third person's pov:

Tied up tightly behind the chair with a long, thick rope around her wrists holding them together, Beth squirmed and struggled in her seat, twisting and tugging on her arms in attempt to loosen the rope. For hours she had been repeating her movements, but yet, it seemed just like forever.

It has been five hours. Five hours since she awoke and realized she'd been tied up in the way that everyone would see in a movie about a kidnap. Her surroundings were merely worn down concrete walls with vandalism displaying all around everywhere. Yes, she thought to herself, she was definitely kidnapped.

She was afraid for her life at the moment, but she wasn't afraid to the point where she couldn't breathe nor was she trembling. She was just still. Of all her twenty years of life, she never expected herself to be kidnapped. . . especially not by someone she genuinely treated as a best friend. She was ashamed to have been so blinded, never noticed the slight changes in her mood and facial expression whenever she told that betrayer about Justin.

Hell, Lana was a bloody good actress and even Beth had to give her that. She was simply unbelievably marvelous when it came to bottling up her emotions and thoughts, always making sure to think before speaking and only just then, did Beth realize how little of Lana she knew about.

She was grateful that she wasn't blindfolded though, maybe she'd been thrice as fearful if it was the case. Her eyes couldn't stop darting around, she was alone in the room that grew dark, and back to being bright alternately due to the clouds in the sky and the sunlight that was shining through the broken glass windows from one side of the room—in this case, behind her.

She tried to be positive, thinking about her Lana would be tortured if her parents, especially her father, found out who was behind this. No matter what, she was determined not to think about Justin even if he was the only damn thing she had to keep her shit together. She didn't want to imagine how he must be feeling right now, she could literally feel it and she despised not listening to him when he tried to tell her to wake the fuck up about everything she thought of Lana.

She regretted it so much. . . she hoped Justin wouldn't do anything about this and maybe it did sound insane of her to think so, but she knew how he was—he had definitely already informed the cops, her parents and the crew. She bit on her tongue to hold back her tears. She remembered Justin's words, what Lana had done to Caitlin.

She felt her gut tighten as though she was going to puke, but she held it back. She'd much rather die instead of feeling the pain while she's being tortured. She inhaled deeply and tried to keep her breathing steady. 

However, it all went down the drain when she heard footsteps approaching her from behind, the kind that she's had memorized a long time ago. Her breath hitched in her throat as her body instinctively stiffened on the wooden chair. 

"So how does it feel to be Justin Bieber's new toy, huh, Beth?" Lana hissed into my ear, squatting down next to me as I felt something sharp and prickly against my skin. . . specifically the area above my wrists where all my scars were behind my concealer. Beth began hyperventilating at the thought of Lana behaving rashly and she wished she hadn't think that in the beginning.