Nineteen

Justin:

"Justin, you need to stop going to clubs and then handpicking a handful of girls to have a small party with. You don't know who you're messing with, or what they might do. You judge those girls way too easily; you constantly underestimate their ability, capability and how they could ruin your reputation further—"

"Well," I snapped, "maybe if someone would stop running my twitter account or be just a little more careful when they're tweeting on their own, I'd stop doing that," the both of us shared a moment of glaring before I carried on, beating him to speaking.

"Besides, it isn't like Beth wasn't with me when it all happened because let me tell you something, she was by my side the entire time and all everyone did in that party was eat and talk, dance and laugh. What did you think I'd be doing? Fucking a girl senseless when I already have a girlf—" I stopped myself short. Oh fuck.

Could time rewind, because I really need time to rewind and fucking rewind right this fucking moment.

Scooter's eyebrows furrowed at once, warning me that I'd just officially taken a step into fucking everything all up and there was no gate open for me to escape. Oh, fuck. What do I do now? Fuck, fuck. FUCK. I rolled my eyes and sighed at his facial expression, in attempt to hide my panicking state of mind.

Here goes. . . Bring on the lies.

"What did you want to say?" He challenged on; his gaze that was on me, strengthening every second, boring right through me as though he was trying to read my mind. I wasn't surprised, though. He always did this to me whenever I was just this close fucking myself all up, but ultimately managed to save myself.

I instantly lowered my head, bringing a palm up to the base of my neck as I began rubbing on it gently while a low, awkward hiss left my mouth. I know I looked like I was embarrassed, but it was the point—I was embarrassed, but not because I almost sold myself out but because I had to play this lie right and convince his assumption otherwise.

However, deep down within my heart and at the back of my head, I was basically cussing and cursing myself to my grave for being possibly the world's biggest dumbass and big ass mouthed fucker.

"Well?" Scooter's voice boomed. "Are you gonna say something or do I have to drag Beth in here?"

Beneath my faked expression, I flinched at the sound of Beth's name because it confirmed my thoughts of him knowing I had nearly told him my girlfriend. He was smart at fixing little puzzle pieces together; he wouldn't ever need me to tell him who could be my girlfriend. . . it's not like it wasn't obvious either.

I shifted my gaze back up to his still with my lips pursed in for second, but then my hand clenched behind my neck, forcing me to speak. "What did you think I was gonna say?"

"You tell me," he urged. "Tell me Justin. Were you going to say girlfriend?"