Eighteen

Beth:

I could almost feel it beneath my flesh, the blood rushing through Justin's veins as he pried his hands off me, balancing himself on his fists that were dipped deep into the mattress of the bed. I started fearing again. . . Not because I was afraid of Justin when he was mad, but because his rashness was getting the best of him and it really wasn't great.

Especially when he had just finished crying, I really wanted to be there for him but I didn't want Blake all up on my ass, being the damned disturbance to Justin and my quality time. I had to end this once and for all before going back to my baby and actually staying until he feels as good as he usually does again.

I rested my palms against his abs, "Justin, I should talk to him. After all, we won't be seeing him again after today. I don't wanna risk running into him again, somehow, then having him stalk us down and keep pestering me."

"Don't go," he almost sounded like he was begging, "please don't go to him, Beth."

"I'm not going back to him, Justin," I reassured, resting my palms on his face as my eyes searched his own brown ones. "I'm just going to speak with him. That's all. You're the one I love, not him. You're the only one I'll touch and I'll kiss, only you. Believe me," I flashed him a small smile when he slowly lifted a leg, letting his weight push him down on the bed next to me so that I could get up and walk to the door.

Six days. I can't even imagine how he'd beat the fuck out of Blake if we were an official couple. He knew he couldn't do anything because now we were just a step away from being together, apart from the kisses and hugs we shared.

Fixing my hair and straightening my blouse, I accidentally allowed a grumble to leave my throat while I dragged my legs forward, nearing and nearing the door. I decided I wouldn't get out, as childish as I was being. I really didn't want to be near him, at a place where I didn't know anyone else . . . at least I know Justin was still in the room, and to be quite frank, I couldn't give a lesser fuck if he was listening or not.

I slid open the door lock and pushed the door back enough to reveal my face. I almost wanted to roll my eyes at him, but for some reason, I held myself back. I should be the mature one because I'm no longer sixteen. Sighing deeply, I finally looked up at him with my teeth gritted.

"Hi, Beth," he hesitantly began, causing me to throw my head against the wall behind me lightly, "would you mind stepping out?"

"Yes," I flatly answered.

He sighed again. "Could you please be mature enough to just do that one simple thing?" He knew I've always hated when people used maturity to pressure me and he knew it was getting on my nerves but I refused to show it. Yes, I was boiling hot and I was ready to body slam him, but I remained expressionless.

"Nope."

"I'm gonna repeat again. . ."

"Blake," I stressed out heavily, shutting the door for a second so I could pull it open again. I finally stepped out into the hallway and kept the door ajar behind me so I wouldn't be locked outside. I sucked in a breath before squeezing my eyes shut. "Don't tell me to be mature enough just to step out of the suite when you couldn't even be mature enough to stay faithful to one girl, okay? It makes you the biggest hypocrite of all time—"