Twenty five

Justin:

The next morning was hands down the most peace I've ever possibly gotten, ever since. . . years ago.

Usually, I'd expect hearing speeding motorcycles or cars on the streets, but then I had to remind myself that I was already away from the hectic life I've been living the past few years and that I'm finally back home in a place that made myself calm. I wasn't about to go anywhere else that could ruin my peace unless necessary.

And, that I was an unusual early bird.

I woke up at a little past six due to the fact that I had gotten several hours of sleep on the flight back here, but since Beth didn't, she was still soundly asleep and as reluctant as I was to get out of bed, away from her petite frame, I got out just fine and in time to watch the sun rise.

Had my mind set on waking her up early tomorrow to watch it with me again.

Kicking my feet out, straightening my hemstrings, I pulled my arms behind my head and slouched my shoulders as I shifted on the wooden bench on this very porch I grew up on. It's been an hour since I came out here to admire the sun rise and absorb the natural serenity but it seems like I came out just five minutes ago.

The sky wasn't dark anymore.

"Hey, you," Beth's voice popped out of nowhere, making me divert my attention to her at once as I tried to shake away my shock, replacing it with surprise. I readjusted the position of my body and flashed her a small smile, watching as she remained still; her head sticking out of the door.

"Come out, babe," I told her as quietly as I could, noticing how raspy I sounded trying to speak softly. "Take a seat beside me."

She pushed the door wide open before stepping out, bringing her ash brown hair to one side of her shoulders as she pulled the door to a close behind her. I patted my lap and unfurled my arms to hint her that I wanted her on my lap. It's been a long time since it was just the both of us with nothing but natural silence around us.

I wouldn't exactly count each and every hotel room we've been in. I can't, since I'm really sick of those places.

"You okay?" She asked lightly, settling down on me; leaning backwards to rest against my chest as I fastened my arms around her small waist like a seat belt. I hid my face in the crook of her neck and inhaled long and deep. "Justin?"

"Oh, yeah," I breathed out, "I'm fine, I'm fine. I just haven't felt like home in ages."

"You're a strange little boy—"

"Man," I corrected her playfully, tickling her the way I know she loved by leaving a trail of quick light pecks on her neck. "I'm a man."

"And you're my man. My strange man," she giggled out loud, leaning forward to get away from my torturous ways. I stopped making her seem like she was suffocating when she started doing what seemed like hyperventilating as she laughed at the same time, returning to her previous position. "Whoa, that was an intense work out."