Twenty four

Beth:

"So, tell me everything you've done to turn him so love sick," Lana teased with a smirk on her face, nudging my elbow lightly with hers. "He wouldn't stop glancing over at you."

I tried miserably to hide a broad grin as I tilted my head, lifting it to the side, only to find him staring at me with a strong, but soft gaze. The corners of his lips twitched to form a small toothless smile when our eyes met, and I couldn't contain my own toothy one from stretching impossibly even wider. Staring for another second, he quickly turned his head back and got himself engaged in the conversation he was having with one of his relatives.

"He's done more to me than vise versa," I admitted truthfully, hoping I wouldn't get lost in the trance at the thought of his little actions. I brought my attention back to a slightly zoned out Lana, before snapping my fingers playfully before her face, bringing her spiritually back to me.

"You guys are cute together," her eyebrows furrowed into a frown, quickly catching up with and masked over by a smile that showed off her pearly white teeth. I shrugged it off though, she does it some times. "So tell me, how was the tour? Did anything memorable happen?"

"By that, do you mean to ask about the good? Or are you asking about the bad, because seriously, quite frankly, there's more bad as compared to good," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Tell me the best of both, I guess," she chuckled.

"Well, the worst thing I could remember was when Selena―"

"Hey girls," Justin's slightly husky voice drained the voice out of me, making my head snap up in an instant. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but," he dragged his eyes, as though grudgingly, to Lana's and I noticed his jaw clicking. "Lana, I think I'm gonna have to steal my girlfriend away from you for awhile."

Lana laughed smoothly, like a retort that confused me. What was going on between them? Or was I just hallucinating? Maybe I was just being paranoid. . . but I wasn't stupid and I knew something was up. I blinked, waiting for Lana to finish shaking her head.

"And if I say no, Bieber? What are you going to do about it?"

"Well then," Justin paused. "I guess you won't know because either way, I'm still going to bring my girlfriend elsewhere, so―"

"Geez!" Lana threw her head back and waved a hand dismissively in the air like she always does, easing the mood lightly. "I was messing with ya, relax, Justin."

Choosing to ignore her last statement, Justin hooked my arm firmly around his before leading us the way towards the staircase. "Have you caught up enough with Lana yet?"

"Well, we were halfway there," I nodded, feeling his muscles tensing beneath mine. "Wait, what's wrong?" I questioned, running my palm up and down his muscular arm instinctively as I struggled a little to keep up with the pace he used to climb the stairs.

"Uh," he cleared his throat, "I was just curious."