Catching On

"The plan is to infiltrate low, fast, and undetected," said Shiro, going over the plan on getting in. "We're coming around the dark side of the nearest planet, so that should keep us out of sight. With the Green Lion's new cloaking modifications, we will have thirty minutes of concealment."

"I can flood their short-range sensors with a burst of radiation. They should assume it's nothing but cosmic interference, so it should buy you some time. After that, however, it's your responsibility to stay out of sight," Coran added.

As all the paladins suited up and headed to the Green Lion, Korrin pulled Shiro aside. "Look we can talk about our issues later. But I just wanted to let you know I'll be helping Coran. So shout if you need anything."

Shiro nodded, "Thanks." And with that the Green Lion took off.

Korrin and Coran watched anxiously as the paladins stuck to the plan. So far everything was looking good and going smoothly.

"So, Coran, how exactly do non-Galra steal Galra intel?" Korrin asked.

"Shiro's arm comes in handy when it comes to that. With that, it makes things much easier for us."

"Is it made of Galran material?"

Coran nodded. "Through some unfortunate circumstances, he acquired that prosthetic equipped with Galra tech. It has energy emission abilities, so he's able to cut through dense materials. Not to mention the arm itself has quite the amount of strength and durability."

Korrin nodded, impressed. "As if he isn't strong already."

"Shiro is a born leader. He'll never admit it, but he is a natural pilot. Keith had mentioned that back on Earth, his skills earned him a legendary reputation. During the early bonding times with their lions, Shiro was also the only one pass the most difficult test."

"He really seems like he really knows what he's doing."

"Well, he wouldn't be the leader of Voltron if he didn't. All the paladins contribute something special to the team. The lions chose well."

The minutes slowly ticked by and there was still no word from the paladins; good or bad. Korrin sat in Shiro's chair, legs propped up, tapping her finger anxiously on the armrest.

"Coran, is this seriously all you do when they aren't here?" Korrin asked, sounding annoyed. She turned around to find him combing his mustache without a care in the world. "Never mind..." she said, huffing and returning to her position.

The more time went by, the more restless Korrin became. Until finally, Keith put a transmission in through his helmet.

"Coran, you need to see this," he said.

Keith's camera broadcasted onto the ship's computer showing a substantially sized room lined with hundreds of large glass containers, holding an eerie yellow substance. A strange cloaked figure had outstretched hands towards a large pink glowing sphere in the center of the room. Coran gasped lightly.

Korrin looked at the screen. "What the hell is that?"

"It is unlike anything I've ever seen before." Coran stood aghast.

"What is that?" Pidge asked, joining the cast.

Oh good, so everyone can see this, Korrin thought to herself.

"It's a substance with the highest known energy per unit volume in the universe; also known as quintessence." A robot-sounding voice answered from Pidge's connection.

"Did you guys acquire a robot?" Korrin asked, trying to figure out the source of the voice.

Coran looked stunned. "What? Impossible."