Star Plans (Pt. I)

"Lotor wants to talk?" Lance said dubiously, arms folded firmly across his chest.

Nova scrunched up her face. "For once I agree with Lance's reservations." They all stood around on the bridge back at the Castle.

"I know we don't like it," said Shiro. "But he did help us secure Naxzela."

"But what if it's a trick to get you guys to go to some odd location but it turns out to be an ambush?" Nova said.

"It could be--" Shiro started but was interrupted by the Castle alarms blaring.

Coran ran to the console and pulled up the radar. "We have an incoming Galra cruiser!"

"To the lions!" Shiro ordered.

"Wait!" Nova cried, pulling up video surveillance. "Let them on board."

"You do realize that is a Galra ship, right?" Lance pointed. He turned to the others. "I told you all this day would come! She leads our enemy literally right to our doorstep!"

"I know how this looks," said Nova nervously. "But just trust me on this."

Several minutes later, Nova led a familiar Galran lieutenant through the doors.

Lance's jaw dropped. "Isn't that the one that nearly killed you?!"

"Yes. But she is also the one who helped me get my power back. Molnea, these are the Paladins of Voltron."

"Not quite what I was expecting," Molnea said, looking at the group in front of her.

"Why are you here?" Shiro asked abrasively. "The last time we met was much less...friendly."

"Well lucky for all of you, I'm just here for Starburst," Molnea replied in an equally abrasive tone.

"Just me?" Nova sounded surprised.

"I couldn't tell you about it over my communication line. I didn't want the risk of being tapped. The thing is, they're back to making more of you." Everyone gasped, stunned.

"How is that possible?" Nova asked. "I thought you destroyed the plans!"

"Oh, I did. But it turns out I had a leak on my ship. Someone copied the plans before I did so."

"Do we know who they were sent to?"

Molnea smirked. "I got the little bastard to talk before I sent him reeling into outer space. But I need you to help me get in and destroy the plans along with anything they may have made with them."

Nova looked apologetically at the paladins. She felt bad leaving them at a time like this. "I'm sorry, I have to go."

Shiro smiled understandingly. "It's alright. We would rather not have to fend off whatever they're making with those plans."

Pidge wore a look of worry. "I know you're stronger than you were before...but don't overdo it."

"Pidge is right," Allura chimed in, also worried. "We nearly lost you last time. If you need help, Voltron will come to your aid no matter what."

"You guys," said Nova, smiling gratefully, "I really appreciate the concern. But you need to focus on your own tasks this time. I will do everything in my power to stop these plans from hindering you."

Shiro stepped up to Nova, wrapping his arms around her tightly. She returned the gesture. "Come back to me this time," he said in a voice only she could hear. She felt the words hit her and she fought against the urge to shove him away, not wanting to cause a scene. They broke away from each other and Nova took a couple steps back.