An Intruder

When everyone was gathered together, Shiro told them about the "dream" he had while he was recovering. It was about the time he was captured by the Galra and he had received his prosthetic arm. A Galran soldier helped free him and told him to go to the coordinates uploaded in his arm.

"It's sounds more like a memory than a dream," Korrin commented.

"Well there's only one way to find out," said Pidge. She hooked Shiro's arm up to a computer and began searching. But nothing came up. "There aren't any coordinates in here. Are you sure this wasn't just a dream?"

"I'm positive," Shiro responded. "Someone helped me escape."

"And he was Galra?" Allura asked with a frown.

Shiro nodded, "Yes."

"You know they cannot be trusted."

Shiro looked downcast. "There must have been a time when your father trusted them. Wasn't Zarkon the original Black paladin?"

Korrin raised her eyebrows. "I didn't realize that..."

"That was a long time ago," Allura said, clearly not liking the conversation.

"Wait, what?" Lance said, surprised.

"He literally stole the Black Lion right out from under Shiro," Keith said, arms crossed. "Plus he was able to use his bayard--Shiro's bayard. You know, the black one--in all sorts of ways."

"I can't believe a Galra actually used to pilot the Black Lion," said Korrin. "I mean what Keith says makes sense but...still..."

"Why did you hide the truth about Zarkon?" an agitated Shiro asked Allura.

Allura avoided eye contact, seeming ashamed of herself. "I didn't want the dark history of the paladins to mar your perspective," she said, "so you would have a chance to bond with your lions on your own." She looked at Shiro, "Zarkon isn't the Black Paladin right now, you are."

"Yeah, well, the Black Lion might see things differently," Shiro said, troubled.

"I wouldn't worry too much Shiro," said Korrin, placing a hand on his left shoulder. "Zarkon may have once been a paladin, but you're much stronger than him."

"Wait a second," Pidge cut in, looking at the computer screen. "I think I've found the coordinates. It's a bunch of repeating number in Galra code. I'm gonna extract it."

Several images popped up on the large screen above them.

"They are coordinates!" Pidge said excited. "They lead here: the Thaldycon system."

"Then that's our target," Shiro said, standing up.

"Shiro, can you trust this information??" Keith asked, concerned.

"I'm with Keith on this one," Korrin added. "I mean, the Galra don't exactly have a reputation for being 'good.'"

"Exactly, and think of what they've done to you. They--they took your arm."

"It's worth the risk," Shiro said. "Someone helped me escape. If we can find some allies, especially from Zarkon's own side, we might just be able to beat him."

"We can look at the location, but I'm not a fan of this," Allura said. "The Galra are not to be trusted."

"We understand why you feel so strongly toward them, Allura," Shiro said. "By not doing this, we put ourselves at a disadvantage when we face Zarkon."

Without further argument, an agitated Allura put in the coordinates from Shiro's arm and they jumped through a wormhole which brought them in front of a field of xanthorium chunks. Coran didn't want to get too close since they contained nitrate salts that were highly unstable. There seemed to be no sign of life anywhere.