What Makes Us Human

"Do you see anything, Keith?"

"No, there's nothing out here," the red paladin said from his lion.

Korrin drummed her fingers nervously on the console next to Coran. "We will keep looking," she said.

"Later," responded Keith. "I'm coming back home for now."

"What do you mean later? Shiro is still out there somewhere," snapped Korrin.

"You think I don't know that?" and irritated Keith replied. "But we have other things that need our attention too."

Coran put a hand on Korrin's shoulder but she shrugged away.

"We are doing all we can," Coran said reassuringly.

"Are we, though?" she responded heatedly. "I could be out there, helping search."

"You're in no condition to be out there and you know it," said Keith as he walked on to the bridge of the Castle.

Frustrated, Korrin turned to Keith. "And I'm just supposed to sit here and do nothing?"

"You want something to do? How about learn how to play nice with others? And while you're at, learn to walk!"

Korrin felt her anger rising at his taunting. She wanted to punch Keith in the face, but she was still unsteady on her prosthetic limbs. "You want me to learn to play nice with others? And I suppose I should take a page from your book, Mr. I-do-not-need-anyone-I'm-a-lone-wolf?"

"You don't know what you're talking about. The fact that I can form Voltron with my teammates--"

"Proves nothing," Korrin cut him off. "You all formed Voltron and one of you didn't come back!"

Keith raised his eyebrows, fuming. "Are you saying that Shiro's disappearance is our fault?" He stepped up to Korrin, his face inches from hers. Both of them had an intense fury burning in their eyes. Neither was intimidated by the other. "How dare you." Korrin didn't flinch. She didn't respond. She was angry and someone had to be blamed. Keith shook his head in disgust. "You are unbelievable." He walked a few paces away. "You know after the whole failed rescue mission with you on that ship, Shiro was willing to put everything regarding Zarkon on hold to go back for you."

Korrin frowned, "What?"

"He was willing to put the entire fucking universe in jeopardy to find you!" he spat, throwing his helmet onto his chair. "And now you're wanting to do the exact same thing!."

"At least I'm not giving up on him!" she raged. If she had had any blood coursing through her body, it would be boiling. The red paladin turned and lunged at her, fist pulled back, ready to let loose. Korrin knew she wasn't steady on her legs yet, so she deflected his fist and jabbed him in the gut, just below the hard part of his suit. He staggered back, clearly not expecting her retaliation. They were both seeing red, anger and frustration making them blind to rationality.

"I do not want to fight you, Keith!" Korrin yelled. Not because she didn't want to fight--because in all honesty, she wanted to make him see stars. But she wasn't in top form and she wouldn't stand a chance in her current state.

Keith scoffed. "That's a shame. But I've been waiting too long to do this!"

At his words, Korrin recoiled a little, her anger beginning to mix with fear. She didn't know what he was referring to but she had no time to think about it as Keith lunged at her once more. She deflected his first two attacks, but he swept her legs out from underneath her and she fell back. She clumsily rolled out of the way and tried to scoot herself backwards, out of Keith's range. She was able to narrowly dodge his next string of attacks but she was quickly tiring out. Panting, she sat with her back against the wall. Keith pulled out his bayard which transformed into his sword. Trying to think fast, Korrin raised her hand, remembering she had powers. She concentrated hard and the red paladin rapidly closed the distance between them, weapon raised. Sweat beaded her forehead but Korrin couldn't manage anything. At the last second she put her arms up defensively and shut her eyes. But when she didn't feel any pain, she opened her eyes to see Hunk, Lance, and Coran restraining a still very agitated Keith. Pidge and Allura stood off to the side, aghast.