The Safe

After cruising through what looked like a rainbow-colored wormhole, the Castle emerged in front of a large spacecraft that Ulaz identified as a Blade of Marmora secret base. The body of the spacecraft was a hollow ring with a weapon equipped with giant iron jaws in the center, most likely a weapon. Allura, Lance, Korrin, and Coran all remained in the ship while the others took Ulaz to the base.

"I don't like this," Korrin stated, arms crossed. Again, she was told to stay. "Everything about this seems off."

Lance scoffed nearby, "Well everything about you seems off, and yet here you are."

Korrin glared at the boy. "Do us all a favor and fly into one of those crystals out there and rid us of your stupidity."

Lance was about to retort when Allura walked over and cut in. "Knock it off, you two. You're acting like children." Both of them fell silent.

"Allura," Korrin said a moment later; glad to have an excuse to walk away from Lance, as if she needed one. "I was hoping to talk to you."

"Of course," the princess smiled. "What can I do for you?"

"This is a long shot, but I was wondering if you knew anyone...a doctor or scientist perhaps...that is good with human biology and knows a little about astronomy?"

Allura furrowed her brow, taken by surprise at the question. "I honestly wish I could say I knew someone but...I've been asleep for the past several thousand years. I don't know much of anyone anymore. That's quite a specific person you're looking for. Any reason why?"

"Just curiosity," Korrin responded, turning her attention back to the screen, wanting to avoid any more questions.

Allura gave a strange look at Korrin but didn't press any further on the matter.

Suddenly the four paladins came up on the screen, alarms blaring, saying that Zarkon had tracked them here. A giant robot hovered just outside the floating crystals. The majority of it's body was a massive metal skull with iron jaws, long arms that stretched longer than the length of its stubby body, and menacing yellow eyes. The "foot" of the beast was a single large thruster but the rear of the robot also looked like some sort of rocket.

"That's impossible!" Korrin said, uncrossing her arms, eyes wide.

"I knew we couldn't trust him!" Allura fumed.

"It wasn't him," Shiro said.

"How can you be sure of that?" Korrin replied.

"That really doesn't matter now!" said a panicked Coran. "What should we do?"

The paladins each went to their respective lions, but waited to see what the enemy would so. Defeating a giant robot from Zarkon was no easy feat. As long as they remained inside the space pocket of folding time and space, they seemed to be safe. They watched the screen with bated breath, waiting for their opponent to make a move. Then it opened its giant iron jaws and started sucking in the dangerous crystals in front of it like a giant vacuum.

"Are you guys seeing this?" Korrin asked, eyes wide.

"Yes..." said Allura, "But what is it--"

Before she could finish her question, the robot released a very powerful energy beam, destroying hundreds of the floating crystals.

"It's getting closer, you guys," said Korrin, watching the robot. "I think it may be on to all of us."

"Hold," Shiro said, keeping a close eye on the situation.

Suddenly, the robot started rapid firing beams into the space pocket.

"Get the particle barrier up!" Allura ordered.