Rewind and Repeat

After the Black Lion returned to the Castle with Keith and Allura, the princess quickly entered the control room and immediately activated the teladuv.

"It's good to have you back, princess," Korrin said, welcoming Allura.

Allura gave a nod and smiled. "Alright, paladins, we're getting out of here," she said.

"Um, I don't see a wormhole," said Hunk via transmission.

Running a few tests on the screen, Coran frowned. "Zarkon's solar barrier is jamming our ability to create one!"

Go figure that barrier would be a problem. Korrin said to herself. "So what do we do?"

Coran looked around worriedly, noticing the Galra fighters at every turn. "They have us completely surrounded!"

"Don't panic, Coran!" Korrin said. "Maybe if we--" Suddenly there was a loud hum and the barrier began to dissipate. "What the..."

"How did that happen?" Pidge cried.

"Who cares? Wormhole!" Hunk shouted, not caring about the how or why.

A giant blue entrance to a wormhole appeared and the castle seemed to safely glide through. However, once they were inside, everything turned a threatening shade of red and started violently shaking. Red lightning crackled around hazardously.

"Coran, what's going on?" asked Shiro through a transmission.

"Weaknesses in the wormhole have compromised its integrity. It's breaking down!" Coran answered.

"What does that mean?" Lance chimed in.

Coran stared at the control panel. "That means we can't control where we're going!"

"We need to try and stick together, we don't know what could happen should we split up," Korrin stated, making her way over to the window. "Can the Lions return to their hangars?"

"With the unstable energy and the speed we're moving, unfortunately no," Pidge responded.

"How did this even happen?" Keith asked.

"Zarkon must have done something to the portal entrance before it closed," Allura guessed.

The ship started to shake forcibly and Korrin struggled to keep her balance. As she grasped onto the wall to stay steady, she noticed all of the lions falling away from the ship and disappearing from sight.

"The paladins!" she cried. "They're gone!"

"They've vanished through the temporal rift!" Allura answered, in shock. "The lions are gone!"

Damn it! She kept looking out at the wormhole, hoping the lions would reappear, but there was no sign of the paladins returning. The great white ship continued to rock and shake, careening through the wormhole.

"Let's check the Rift Exit Positioning Monitor to see where this wormhole is taking us," Coran said.

"Coran, look!" cried Allura, "There appears to be something on the other end. We're heading right toward it!"

The three of them looked ahead and saw a black hole at the end of the tunnel. "It could be an exit!" Korrin stated hopefully.

"It's not an exit according to the scanners," Coran replied. "It's just nothingness. We need to find an exit so we don't run into the void!"

Allura rapidly tapped away at her holographic screens, a look of worry and fear written on her face. "I don't have control of the Castle! I can't maneuver away from it!"

"Brace yourself! We're about to hit it!" Coran said.

Korrin closed her eyes and braced herself against the wall, preparing for a crash. But nothing happened. The alarms kept blaring and they were still flying through the compromised wormhole.