Strong Again

With the star shards in her possession, Nova made her way to the hangar where her ravager sat ready. As she was about to board, she heard the door to the hangar open and she looked to see Keith standing with his arms crossed, as he so often did.

"Leaving again?" he said.

"You should know by now I'm not good with 'goodbyes,'" Nova tossed her bag into her ship.

"That's funny, because it seems everyone except Shiro and I found out through you."

Nova rolled her eyes at Keith's attitude. This was the last thing she wanted to deal with right now. "I don't know what you want me to say, Keith. Pidge was going to tell you guys. Besides, shouldn't you be with your team, planning your next move against Lotor?"

"Well the whole team isn't up there. One of us if getting ready to go off and do her own thing."

"Keith, I am trying to help you guys!" Nova shouted, exasperated. "But I can't! Not the way I am right now!"

Keith gestured upwards. "Well if you just come up--"

"No, Keith! You don't get it. I tried to help you in the fight with Lotor's new ship. But I couldn't, and the look of disappointment on his face..." Nova bit her lip. "I don't ever want him to look at me that way again. So I need to get better. For you guys, and for myself."

"I didn't realize..." Keith closed his eyes and shook his head. "If this is what's best, then I wont' fight you on it. We want you to be in top form." Nova nodded with a neutral expression, then began to step up into her ship. "By the way," said Keith. "There's something you should know about me--"

"Shiro already told me," Nova interrupted, not looking back. "I shouldn't be gone for too long. See you soon."

---

Nova held the four star shards she had acquired on Earth tightly in her hand as she stood in front of a familiar face.

"I never thought I would see the day when you sought for my help, Starburst."

"Molnea, believe me, I wouldn't be here if I had a choice," Nova replied. "But the paladins can't manipulate the shards like you can. I need my powers back at full strength."

The tall Galran lieutenant chuckled haughtily. "If it gets back to Lotor that I helped you..."

"You're not even working directly for him."

"While that is true, anyone who is known helping Voltron suffers consequences."

"You're helping me, not Voltron."

"But you're helping Voltron."

Nova grunted, agitated. "We can debate this all day. I showed mercy the last time we met. You owe me one."

"I owe you?" Molnea howled with laughter. "That's a joke."

"Apparently this whole idea was a joke." Nova turned and made to leave when Molnea called after her.

"Hold up, Starburst." she crossed her arms. "To hell with Lotor. He's a royal prick."

---

Monitors beeped steadily as Nova lay on a large table, several wires connecting from her chest piece to different machines.

"You sure your crew will not turn you over to Lotor?" Nova asked.

"Hah!" Molnea laughed. "My crew is much more afraid of me than some pompous prince."

"Well I do appreciate you doing this for me," Nova tried to keep the apprehension out of her voice.

Molnea eyed the girl, whose gaze was focused on the ceiling directly above her. "You're awful tense."