Choices

The next several days turned into weeks as the paladins infiltrated Galra ships trying to find any signs of Molnea. As a bonus, they were also able to gather information on Zarkon. As the weeks went by, everyone aboard the Palace began to grow impatient and frustrated.

"This is pointless," Keith sighed, massaging his temples. "It's like Molnea just vanished. Or yet, she may have still been on the ship when Korrin went--"

"Don't." Shiro said sharply.

Keith chewed his lip in frustration. "Shiro we've been at this for too long. We have information on Zarkon, information we can act on. If we continue searching for Molnea, we might as well be chasing a ghost!"

"We aren't giving up!" Shiro argued.

"We don't have anything to go off of! We haven't found anything suggesting Molnea is out there and making more...star weapon...things!"

Shiro stood up straight, scowling. "So just like that, you'd stop?"

The Red Paladin extended his arms emphatically, gesturing to their leads on Zarkon that were pulled up on the console. "Yes! Because we have a real threat!"

"Keith is right," Allura chimed in. "Shiro, we all want Korrin back. But Zarkon has made his move on several parts of the galaxy. There are others who need us." Everyone was silent, watching Shiro and waiting his response. The air was thick with tension, as it had been since they had lost Korrin.

"...Fine," said the black paladin after a long pause. His tone was discontent and reluctant. "I have a plan. It will be difficult. But we might be able to pull it off if we work together." He eyed Keith.

---

The plan they had come up with involved wormholing Zarkon's entire warship. And in order to come up with a wormhole big enough, they needed more scaultrite for the teludav which could be found in plenty in the belly of a giant space worm called a weblum, to which Keith and Hunk were assigned. After a scuffle with an unknown foe and a near death experience inside the weblum, Keith and Hunk safely return to the yellow lion.

"That was close," Keith said, catching his breath.

"Yeah it's a shame whoever was in there with us made off with a bag of scaultrite," Hunk added.

Keith put his hand to his head. "Don't remind me. Even after we helped him out. At least we got several other bags though."

Hunk turned the yellow lion around and both of them watched as the massive creature lazily made it's way across the galaxy.

"They're pretty amazing creatures," Hunk commented, "When you're not fighting for your life inside of one, that is."

"I'd be fine never seeing one again. Let's just get back to the ship.

"Right. I'm sure the others..." Hunk trailed off, peering through the eyes of his lion.

"Hmm?" Keith looked over at his comrade and noticed him fixed on something outside. "Do you see something?" He walked over to get a better view.

The yellow paladin pointed, his eyes wide. "Hey Keith, isn't that...?"

Keith's face fell as the lion got closer. "You've got to be shitting me..."

---

Lance, Shiro, and Pidge were tasked with rescuing Slav, a prisoner of the Galra. Lance pilots his blue lion and the three of them are able to infiltrate a large Galra prison. However, Pidge finds that there are two possible cells in which Slav could be held in. Shiro and Lance each headed towards a cell to find their target while Pidge went to the Main Command Center.