Chapter Thirteen: Showdown in Little Haven

Warning: Strong Language and Sexual References!

********************************

"What the hell happened?" Rave demanded of Ty and Mason. He had been pissed to get a phone call saying that Ary had run off again.

"Your girlfriend is way worse than you," Ty groaned, clutching a napkin to his nose. It had finally stopped gushing out blood, only minutes before Rave arrived back at the club.

"How could you let her get the drop on you?" Rave just stared at Ty in shock. Ty had taught him everything he knew about fighting, which was a lot.

"I don't know if you know this, but your girlfriend is kind of an expert when it comes to getting away from people. I'm just glad she didn't fucking shoot me!" Ty exclaimed. He wasn't mad at Ary; he had deep respect for her. He was just pissed in general.

Rave was about to start yelling at Ty again when his phone started to ring. He answered without checking the caller ID.

"What!?" he growled into the phone.

"Don't blame Ty." It was Ary.

"Where the hell did you need to go by yourself?" he asked, trying to bite back some of his anger. He still sounded royally pissed off.

"If you don't have to tell me where you run off to, then I don't have to tell you where I run off to. And I sure as hell don't need a baby sitting tagging along!" she snapped at him. He winced. She had to be pretty pissed off to actually resort to yelling.

"You were being held captive just yesterday!" he retorted.

"By my birth father!" she replied.

"You don't know that for sure," he reasoned.

"Well, whoever or whatever Garrett is, he's working for my mom and I've dealt with her kind of crazy for over twenty years. I didn't freak out when I was eight and she destroyed the kitchen with a golf club because my grandma said her turkey was dry, and I sure as hell am not gonna freak out when she hires someone to kidnap me and forcibly send me to rehab. Okay?" Ary huffed out the words.

It took Rave a few seconds to wrap his mind around what she just said. There were bigger and worse things to worry about than Ary's psychotic mother. Granted, Juliana was in the top five of Rave's list of people that wanted to harm Ary, but she currently wasn't number one so he'd have to just push her aside for the moment.

"Christian has men out looking for you!" Rave tried a different approach. A reasonable one. Not that he ever expected Ary to be reasonable.

"I know," Ary sighed. "That's why I brought a gun."

"You what!?" Rave was full on shouting now.

"Rave, calm down. I'll be fine, and I promise to be home tonight. Don't worry," she spoke to him, calmly, as if she were dealing with a difficult child.

"How can you expect me not to worry when you're constantly running off and getting into trouble?" Rave hissed into the phone.

"Because I always come back," was her stellar excuse. Rave literally groaned out loud. "What?" she asked, all huffy. "How is that any different than when you go off running into trouble?" she demanded.

"Because I know what I'm doing!" he hissed into the phone. "I'm not messing around. I lived this life for over ten years and let me tell you that no one in their right mind would willingly choose to live like this."

There was silence on the other end. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Rave knew he was being unfairly mean to her, but he just couldn't help it. Every time Ary went off on her own he was left with a sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach. It wasn't something he liked to live with.