Chapter Twenty-One: My Kind of Crazy

Warning: Strong Language and Sexual References!

*****************************

"Are you sure you want to do this? I can take you back home and let the guys sort it out," Rave told her, for the tenth time since they began the trek out to her parents' house.

He was holding her hand, running his thumb over her knuckles in a calming manner. She must still look pretty out of it if Rave was being overly sweet to her. She didn't feel like she was going to get hysterical again, but she wasn't very in control of her emotions right now so who knew what would happen.

"I'll have to talk to see them eventually," she sighed. She really wasn't looking forward to seeing her sisters. "Plus, I can't just leave Maria here by herself. I do have a job. Sort of."

"My guys can watch out for Maria. You don't have to talk to her today," Rave assured her. His voice was soft as he spoke.

"Rave, I have to do this," she said, giving him a stern look.

Rave let go of her hand and brought his now free hand up to dig his fingers into the waves of soft hair at the nape of her neck. He looked directly into her eyes. "Remember, I'm always on your side. No matter what."

"I love you," she blurted out. She blushed as if their earlier conversation hadn't happened and this was the first time she was saying it.

"I love you, too," he chuckled. He pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "Now, let's go inside before I change my mind and drag your ass back home where you'll be safe," he said, pulling away from her.

"Yeah, I'd like to see you try and drag my ass anywhere," she snorted, rolling her eyes.

"There's my girl," he grinned. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Let's go, baby," he said, getting out of the car.

Ary reluctantly got out. She wasn't looking forward to this confrontation at all. The only good thing about this was that Juliana wasn't home. The second Ary saw her mother she had a feeling that she'd probably try and throw a punch at the older woman. Daniel's car was there, so she could always punch him if need be. It was a little insane, but then Ary never claimed to be a sane person.

Ary stopped at the bottom of the porch steps and just stared at the front door. It could really use a new paint job as well. The porch roof had been fixed though and someone had replaced the broken rail on the right side. She wondered if her dad had been taking care of the home improvement jobs during her absence.

"Ary?" Rave pressed his hand against her lower back. She turned to look at him. "You really don't have to do this. I can take care of it."

"Thanks, but it's okay," Ary gave Rave a small smile of appreciation. His urging her to back out actually made her more determined to go through with it.

"I love you," he grinned down at her. His fingers massaged her back and she instantly relaxed.

With Rave by her side and his words of love swirling in her head, Ary prepared herself for the confrontation that was soon to come. She also prepared herself for a fist fight. She was actually hoping to punch Daniel, if the guys didn't grab her first.

The front family room was filled with people. Scarlett and Mads were arguing with a very frazzled looking Mason, and Jaden was glaring daggers at Daniel, who was cowering behind Scarlett. They all turned to look at her and Rave when they heard the front door click shut.

"You can't be here! I have a restraining order against you!" Daniel hollered at her as soon as she stepped into the house.

"Excuse me? This is my parents' house. Showing up at the residences and/or establishments that I am known to frequent will get you in trouble, not me. Maybe you should read the fine print before you take a restraining order out on someone," she laughed at him.