Chapter Eleven: Coming Home

Warning: Strong Language and Sexual References!

*********************************

Ary had thought that being rescued by Mads would be a good thing, but honestly she felt more like a prisoner with her sister than she had with the man claiming to be her father. Ary couldn't very well punch out her sister and make an escape for it. Well, she could, but she might actually feel bad about this one.

Mads insisted that Ary go to the police and report her boyfriend's abuse. Ary had no choice in the matter. If she tried to correct her sister of the situation, Mads would just think she was lying and trying to protect her boyfriend.

If she couldn't escape from her sister then she needed to outsmart her sister, and even though Mads was on the fast track to becoming a doctor, she could really be a ditz sometimes.

"Okay, but I need to talk to Detective Wilcox. He's, uh, helped me before," Ary said, finally giving into her sister.

"And why hasn't he done anything about this before!?" Mads demanded as she made a sharp left turn. "This guy should be locked up for what he did to you!"

Ary didn't reply. She just lowered her head and stared at her hands. There was purple bruising around her wrists from where she struggled against her restraints. The knuckles on her left hand were all bloodied, but she could still move her fingers so she didn't think anything was broken.

"After everything that Scar has been through, why would you ever stay with a guy like that?" Mads was ranting as they drove to the police precinct.

Ary had to bite down on her tongue to keep from snapping at her sister. If she said anything to defend herself Mads would just take it as a sad attempt at trying to stick up for a guy that was no good. There was really nothing she could say that would make Mads change her mind so she just kept quiet. Very reluctantly.

The ride seemed to take longer than it actually was because of all of Mads's ranting and Mads only continued to embarrass Ary farther by storming into the precinct and demanding to speak to Detective Wilcox. Mads's behavior was making Ary regret her decision to run away from Garrett.

Wilcox stormed into the waiting area after hearing Mads shout his name a few times. His eyes immediately went to Ary. She held her finger up to her lips, willing him to keep quiet. He raised an eyebrow in question, but didn't say anything. Instead he turned to Mads, a scowl set on his face.

"I'm Detective Wilcox. What's the problem?"

"The problem is that my sister came to you for help and you did nothing to help her!" Mads stated, putting her hands on her hips.

Wilcox looked at Ary again. Ary shrugged, a guilty look on her face.

"Wait in my office please, Miss Harper," Wilcox told Ary.

Ary nodded her head and escaped farther into the safety of the precinct. She could still hear Mads yelling as she entered Wilcox's office. She slammed the door shut behind her, blocking out all sound from the outside world, and thankfully lowered herself into one of the chairs sitting across from his desk.

Wilcox came into the office just a few minutes later.

"Your sister is reporting physical abuse by your boyfriend?" Wilcox raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled broadly at him. "That's not my department."

"After watching me take out Keller the other day do you honestly think I'd let some guy beat me up for no reason?" Ary scoffed at the older gentleman.

It had taken Ary almost an hour to convince her sister to drive to the precinct where Rave lived, spouting out some bullshit about having already talked to a police officer there about her abuse. She couldn't believe that her sister actually gave in. It hadn't been a very good lie, but she figured that Mads was too distracted to think it over.