Chapter Twenty-Five: Rave Knows

Warning: Strong Language and Sexual References!

*******************************

"Have you told your boyfriend about this yet?" Maddie asked Ary after she was finished with her doctor's visit. It was a follow-up to do some tests to see if there were indeed any serious complications after the miscarriage and explosion.

"Do you see him here waiting with me?" Ary snapped at her sister. Her hormones were still a little out of whack and when she wasn't being a blubbering baby, she was being a total bitch. There was no in between.

"I don't know if that's a yes, and he ran away, or a no, he doesn't know," Maddie said, frowning. She was still firmly convinced that Rave was a bad guy.

The forensics on the explosion at the Sheriff's office showed that a professional grade bomb had been hidden in one of the toilet stalls in the men's room. There weren't any leads on who could have left it, but Maddie was sure it had something to do with Rave. Ary wasn't sure of anything at the moment. It had been too hard for her to focus on anything other than what was going on with herself.

"Hey, we won't know anything for a few days," Maddie said to Ary as they walked out of the clinic. She was trying to be supportive.

"I don't even know how I want it all to turn out. I feel relieved about the miscarriage, which I know sounds bad, but...." she let her voice trail off as she stopped next to the Jeep.

It was cold and windy out, but Ary hardly noticed it. The blistering wind made her feel better. It made her feel alive and alert. That was something she needed at the moment.

"Raising a child in a gang would have been a bad thing anyways. It's not a very stable environment. Do you even think your boyfriend would stick around to raise a kid?" Maddie mused, as if she were some great psychologist.

The question hurt. Ary would be lying if she said she hadn't thought about Rave's reaction to the news. She knew he didn't want kids either, but what would he do if they didn't have a choice? If she didn't have a miscarriage? Most of her thoughts always ended with Rave leaving her high and dry, and that was not something she needed right now. The thought made her want to burst out in tears and she was more than done with being a crybaby.

"You're right, Mads. Raising a kid in this environment would have been a shitty thing, but it's not because Rave would have been a bad dad," Ary snapped at her sister. She was tired of Maddie beating down Rave for no damn reason.

"I never said that," Maddie objected. Her face was flushed though. She may have never said it directly, but she had strongly hinted at it.

"Hello, we grew up middle class in a town where kids could wander the streets alone and not worry about being kidnapped. But look at our mother. She's a nutjob. Look at Luke. Do you really think any of us turned out okay?" Ary demanded of her sister.

Ary didn't wait for an answer as she yanked open the door to the Jeep and angrily jumped in.  Thankfully she'd been smart enough to just have Maddie meet her there. If she had to be stuck in a vehicle with her sister it would have been way too much for her to handle. She would have murdered Maddie.

There was nothing that Ary could do about her health at the moment, and she didn't want to return to the club. She had been actively avoiding Rave all week. She knew that he was worried about her and she felt bad for lying to him, but what else could she do? She couldn't tell him what had happened. She wasn't pregnant anymore so there was nothing to talk about. End of story.

To keep her mind off of Rave and the miscarriage, she decided to start looking into the bombing. She was going to head to the motel that Layla's family owned. The only lead she had to anything regarding Christian was Maria.