Chapter Two: Sisters Before Misters

Dedicated to lglucid for being a big supporter and helping me out with some issues to make the characters seem more human and realistic.

Warning: Strong Language and Sexual References!

********************************

Chapter Two: Sisters Before Misters

Ary felt like the awkward wallflower and Rave wasn't doing much better. He mostly stayed behind the bar, yelling at all of his employees. She was staying clear of him and pretty much everyone else in the club.

Rave was on this kick about getting her to act more like a normal person. Apparently he thought she should be spending her Friday nights out with people her own age and not alone in the loft where she usually ended up practicing stabbing techniques with various blades, ranging from butter knives to machetes.

"No, I don't want a drink. Drinking in a club brings up bad memories for me," Ary told Rave as he approached her for the fourth time that night, trying to convince her to let loose and have some fun.

"What are you talking about?" he asked her, confused.

"I had a random drunken hookup with this jackass in the middle of his kitchen. It was an awful experience. Worst mistake of my life," she told him, glaring at him. While the sarcasm was heavily evident in her words, it was still easy to tell that she was somewhat upset.

She was mad at him for forcing her to 'socialize with people her own age', as he liked to call it. She liked to call it 'a bunch of drunk idiots dry humping to the sound of a dial-up connection'. The club scene wasn't her thing, and after three months as a couple, Rave should have known that.

"I'm not going to start a fight with you right now," Rave said, through gritted teeth.

She knew she had hit a nerve. Rave very rarely let his emotions show and it was always hard for Ary to figure out what he was thinking, but one thing she did know was that he still worried about the first night they had been together. When he was in a real mood and was doubting the sincerity of her actions, he'd throw that night in her face.

He was forever bringing up the fact that he thought the only reason that she was still with him was because he had been her first, and apparently all women's hearts resided in their vagina. That pissed her off. She genuinely cared about him. She wanted to help him let go of his past. Hell, if she couldn't help herself with all of her own baggage, the least she could do was help out Rave with his.

"If you didn't want to fight, then what did you want?" she asked, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"I was just going to let you know that a woman who looks an awfully lot like you and your sister, Scarlett, was here and she's looking pretty trashed," Rave told her.

"What?" Ary pushed away from her wallflower wall and stood on her tip toes so she could scan the club.

"Right over there." Rave pointed and directed her attention over towards the bar area.

Sure enough, the third Harper sister was there, chatting it up with some wannabe white cracker in a super classy wife beater and stylin' do-rag. Mads was laughing her ass off about something and Mr. Classy was just staring at her breasts, that were easily on display in her skin tight, sleeveless dress that barely covered all the important parts.

"Here, hold my orange juice." Ary shoved her drink at Rave and then stormed off to where her sister was making a giant fool of herself.

"Excuse me." Ary shoved her way in between her sister and the guy that was hardcore hitting on her.