Chapter Fifteen: Family Matters

Warning: Strong Language and Sexual References!

*********************************

Ary had to take her problems one at a time. She chose to start with Detective Wilcox. If he had recognized Rave there was a good chance that her boyfriend could have the SWAT team tracking him down right now. With everything that was going on she was most concerned with Rave being discovered by the police.

Before an all out argument could happen, Ary ushered Detectives Wilcox and Keller into her uncle's office, slamming the door shut on her family and Rave. She was hoping that her boyfriend could behave himself long enough for her to get them out of some serious trouble. Although, most likely he would just piss her family off and only further their belief that he was a bad guy.

"Well, that was quite the show," Keller said, giving her a leering look. He was enjoying her embarrassment.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you actually have someone special in your life, but don't worry Keller, I'm sure you'll find a gullible lady someday," she sneered at the blonde man.

"That's enough, children," Wilcox stepped in between them. "We got more important things to worry about. Like what the hell just happened." He gave Ary a pointed look.

"Oh, yeah," Ary gave him a guilty look. How could she spin this to keep Luke out of it and her out of trouble?

"Obviously those men weren't in town for the world's greatest apple pie at the diner in Haven," Wilcox goaded her on.

"No. No, they were not," Ary agreed. "Actually, you know how you said a person fitting my description was seen around Christian's house when he was arrested?" she asked the older man.

"Yes..." he answered slowly.

"Well, it seems that tid bit of information has gotten out and now I'm on gangland's Most Wanted list," Ary said. Hey, it was partly the truth. They were out looking for her. It just wasn't for exactly the reason she was saying.

"The Bloodbaths have a hit out on you?" Wilcox asked her. "Is that what your kidnapping was about?" He actually looked worried.

"I guess gangs don't like it when you get their leader locked up. Who knew?" Ary shrugged it off. Being hunted by a gang really wasn't her biggest problem right now.

Wilcox chose to ignore her sarcastic remark and changed the subject on her. "Your uncle seemed pretty surprised when I told him you were a P.I. working with the Chicago PD," he said.

"My family doesn't have a very high opinion of me, so any kind of success is always surprising to them," Ary sighed. She really didn't want to argue about this with the Detective. Especially not when she'd have this exact same conversation with her family later on.

"Hmm..." was all Wilcox said to that. "Did you manage to get anything else out of Kyle Barton?"

"Actually, I did. He told me that Christian liked to bat for the same team," Ary told him. He gave her a confused look.

"Dude's gay," Keller clarified for the older man. Ary nodded her head in affirmation. This would be the only time she would agree with Keller.

"Oh," Wilcox didn't know how to reply to that.

"Shocked me too," Ary admitted.

Her greatest shock wasn't with finding out Christian was gay. There had always been something off about him. No, her real shock was with Luke being in the closet. Luke had never been a lady killer, but he had shown interest in girls. Was that all just an act or had he just been confused about who he was? She thought she and Luke had been close growing up. Why had he never mentioned any of this to her before?