Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Why hadn't she said anything? Dinner was almost over and she had barely spoken a full sentence. She sat to his right with her head bent down looking at the plate before her. Glancing at her once again, from his seat at the head of the table, Jareth noticed she was just really moving the food around on her plate.

"Sarah, you need to eat."

She raised her head and looked at him. "I'm not that hungry."

Sighing, he reached for her hand and gently held it in his. "Sarah, I know it has not been an easy month, and now I have added more to your shoulders."

Sarah set her fork down and turned in her chair to look at him better. "I appreciate all you have done, including waiting to tell about "The Law," but I am worried about Toby's safety because of it."

"I've told you to attack your family merits death."

"That didn't stop them from killing his parents, Goblin King."

Squeezing her hand, Jareth moved his chair so he was closer to her. Damn, why had he insisted that they dine in the Royal Dinning Room? He should have done something a bit more intimate, but he didn't want to scare her. "Sarah, Toby is protected don't worry. For the most part, one of your friends is with him at all times when he is not with you or me. I will not allow anything to happen to him." He smiled slightly. "Also, I do believe it's time you start calling me Jareth instead of Goblin King, don't you?"

Sarah nodded vaguely. "So Toby's always within someone we trust's sight at all times," she took a gulp of air, "Jareth?"

"Yes. Sarah, as official High Queen you'll have more protection than you do now as well as Toby."

"How can we be more protected? We can barely go anywhere without armed guards following after us."

Sighing, reluctantly Jareth released her hand and reached for his wine glass. "The powers I gave you help protect you to a degree," he moved the glass to his mouth and quickly downed the entire thing. Lowering the glass to the table, he looked her in the eye. "The truth is once we are officially married you will have slightly more magic to protect you, more so if you allow the magic of the Underground into you to help make you fullly immortal, but you will only gain all the powers that are rightfully yours once we are …"

Sarah's eyes grew wide, and she quickly raised her hand off the table. "You don't have to finish that sentence, Jareth. I get the gest, but you said that could wait?"

"It can. Once you are officially my wife, I will be able to sense if you are in danger. Also, I won't really let you out of my sight completely."

"So, I'll never be allowed to be alone?"

"I wouldn't say that, but someone would have to be close by in case something happens."